Review by mcsob16 -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mcsob16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mcsob16.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Review by mcsob16 -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by mcsob16 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tracing life problems back to the beginning, Who told you that you were naked explores the sequences of the event in Eden. The book reveals facts surrounding the fall of the first man and woman. It deals with different subjects including salvation, faith and direction.

It lays emphasis on the impact of the knowledge of good and evil in robbing Adam and his progeny of their innocence. It explains the type of death experienced by him following being deceived. It reveals the plan of God to restore man back to Himself after man’s fall.

It illustrates the right approach to deal with sin. It takes into consideration God’s finished work at creation and uses it as a backbone in imploring trust, reliance and rest in God. It tells the importance of seeking God for direction and the different ways God directs His children.

I appreciate most the fact that the author didn’t subject his opinions to his perception but rather on the understanding of the scriptures. Real life instances used to elaborate the opinions makes them more convincing. There are good connections among some of the topics treated in a chapter. That is, an explanation of a topic leads to the other, adding life to the book

I learnt of the reason for my feeling of insecurity and how to overcome it. I understood the importance of total reliance on God. I better understood the phrase from the scripture (Bible) that reads ‘the finished work of God’

The book made mention of knowing the Lord’s will in our faith walk by asking for it in prayer. I, however, believe that we, many times, know the Lord’s Will from the letter he handed over to us (the scriptures). For example, we know that it’s in the Lord’s Will that we have sound health (1 John 1:2 says, “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth” and Isaiah 54:6b says, “And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquities of us all.”). In this case, what is expected of us as believers is to exercise our faith based on the Word.

I observed that each chapter is not given a unique name. Since there are similarities among the topics treated, there could have been a general name that covers all the topics. That way, it would be easier to grasp the overall idea the author is trying to portray.

I noticed only one grammatical error while reading this book. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I rate it this high because I agree with most of the explanation of the subjects discussed in the book. There are also scriptural backings for the subject treated. I didn’t give it 4 stars as I hardly had a reason to laugh throughout my reading of the book. I recommend it to those wanting to find satisfaction in themselves and security around them. I least recommend to atheist.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like mcsob16's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”