Review by Ejhans1985 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ejhans1985
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0564">last patriot</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejhans1985.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Review by Ejhans1985 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Ejhans1985 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raven's Peak is a paranormal fiction written by Lincoln Cole about a little mountain town that has been experiencing some weird things happening throughout the town. Abigail Dressler is a demon hunter for The Council and is tasked with investigating the activities of Raven's Peak. Abigail is already on a case when she is told to head to the little mountain town where she has a past, but cannot remember, on her new case she meets Haatim Arison who has his own inner demons he is battling.

Abigail and Haatim are two completely different people that unknowing to them are connected in one big way. After they finish up the current case Abigail is on they head out on the road to Raven's Peak. Along the way, Abigail investigates something that's been bothering her and looking for answers. Together they take on the paranormal and form a bond.

I really enjoyed the way Lincoln Cole was able to give a good back story and introduction to the main character Abigail Dressler and give her a backstory. The action was written very well and had me hooked, curious to see how everything was going to unfold. The way the new characters were introduced was explained very well and didn't give too much away and made you read on to find out more.

Another aspect of the writing style I really enjoyed was there weren't very many grammatical mistakes and it flowed together very smoothly. I was able to imagine the scenes as they were unfolding and the story was being told. I enjoyed the action scenes and the author's descriptions of what was happening in each scene. The scenes where the paranormal is written isn't overdone and doesn't seem fake to me.

The overall style of the writing and the way Lincoln Cole told the story was well put together and didn't seem like he was just trying to fill in space. Everything was in order and didn't seem strained it all flowed very well and was easy to follow along. I would recommend Raven's Peak to anyone interested in paranormal type action thrillers.

The overall rating I would give is 4 out of 4 stars. I was very happy with the writing style, descriptions, and how well the author was able to tell the story. I personally will be reading the other books in the series to follow the story and see where the next adventure takes the characters.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ejhans1985's review? Post a comment saying so!
vylet777
Currently Reading: The Unholy Cause
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by vylet777 »

Your review pointed out all the reasons I should read this book. I will definitely have to check this book out. 😊

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”