Review by Sahani Nimandra -- Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Re: Review by Sahani Nimandra -- Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

LV2R wrote: 14 Oct 2018, 04:09
Sahani Nimandra wrote: 02 Feb 2018, 03:11 [Following is a volunteer review of "Island Games" by Caleb J. Boyer.]

I have had my fair share in reviewing books but this is truly one of the best book that I have come across, which was completed for utter perfection. Not only does the book offer a fun and adventurous ride to its readers, it also reflected on the author’s mind-set. The Island Games: Mystery of the four quadrants by Caleb J. Boyer is truly a remarkable book that reflects on valuing friendship, exercising the importance of team work and how to develop a strong character.

I found myself drowning through pages, and I asked what would I do if I had to face that kind of situation? The plot was very engaging and it never reduced my curiosity. I believe the author has achieved what he had worked hard for. His imagination truly gives credit to him. The story provided an insightful detail about the reality of life. Lessons like the life challenges that each of us has to battle fearlessly, importance of having a positive and never-give-up attitude, learn to embrace opportunity and appreciate what you have in life, learn to take risks and use their intuitions, was highlighted throughout.

The story ended on a cliffhanger but the author had provided his reasons. The purpose of writing this book as mentioned by the author was to inspire others to believe in themselves and to realize that any obstacle can be overcome; I couldn't agree more! There was no hindrance what so ever that kept me away from giving a 4 out of 4 stars. The message was admirable and I would like to share a quote from the book, “...it's not really about what life throws your way, because bad things can happen and often times to really good people. It’s really about how you face those challenges.”- Matthew, Page 180.
I, too, enjoyed reading this book about Matthew and Ryan, who had two distinct personalities and relied on each other to survive and find a way off the island. I liked the lessons of never giving up, taking risks, and facing challenges. I liked how you stated your rating of the book. Nice job!
Thank you so much for appreciating my work!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

We could never really fully realise how difficult situations could be unless we actually find ourselves facing such. However, books could indeed have the potency to equip us with the realisations without the painful process that others had to undergo to acquire them. I respect and admire people who accept realities but constantly strive to be and do better than before. Thank you for your insightful review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Espie wrote: 14 Oct 2018, 21:13 We could never really fully realise how difficult situations could be unless we actually find ourselves facing such. However, books could indeed have the potency to equip us with the realisations without the painful process that others had to undergo to acquire them. I respect and admire people who accept realities but constantly strive to be and do better than before. Thank you for your insightful review.
Thank you for commenting! I'm glad you saw through that.
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”