Review by nicole_d15 -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
nicole_d15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole-d15.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Review by nicole_d15 -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by nicole_d15 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book, And Then I Met Margaret, is an uplifting, motivational, and inspiring read that talks about day to day life lessons that the author, Rob White, has learned throughout his life. This book is 21 chapters of very quick reads that leave you feeling empowered and encourage positive change in your daily life. The chapters are about experiences in White’s life from his childhood years through his teenage years to his adult life and he has a strong focus on taking life lessons from people and experiences you would not necessarily expect.

Rob White is from a small town where most men grow up to be like their father - they walk, talk, and work just like their father. Rob knew he walked and talked like his father, but he was one of the few in his town who chose to attend university rather than go straight to work in the factory. After he found himself in university, he became a teacher and taught his students life lessons that he had learned himself thus far in his life. He decided that teaching was not fulfilling himself quite enough and he wanted a new challenge so he dove into the real estate business which had a rocky start, but turned into a successful business venture. From all of these experiences as well as travelling and trying new things, White learned a lot about himself, did a lot of self reflection and changed how he wanted to live his life accordingly.

This book starts each chapter with a myth of what the author believed before the experience occurred. Then, he tells his story in the chapter which always has a lesson and at the end of the chapter he restates the myth and also writes the reality that he learned from that experience. Even though each chapter is a different short story, the chapters transition beautifully in a way that makes sense and in turn is enjoyable for the reader.

I like that this book is relatable and real. Rob talks about his experiences. He talks about how he use to think, an experience that changed his thinking, and his self reflection of how he currently thinks due to a certain event. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and had no dislikes about it.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it is thought provoking, well written, a page turner, and engaging. I would recommend it to those who like motivating books such as Chicken Soup for the Soul or any other light reads that give you a great insight into self reflection.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like nicole_d15's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”