Review by Cotwani -- The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emmanae
Currently Reading: The Power
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanae.html
Latest Review: Discover Your Thinner Self by David Medansky
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Review by Cotwani -- The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Emmanae »

I used to go fishing so frequently, and this book really makes me wish I hadn't stopped! I'm going to have to convince a friend to go pick it up with me again. Thanks for writing such a great review, you really summed up my feelings about The Reel Sisters.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

I really like your review! It provides a clear idea on what this book is all about and what a reader can look forward in this book. The detailed description gives a better image and for this reason its a good review. Thank you!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Emmanae wrote: 17 Feb 2018, 13:34 I used to go fishing so frequently, and this book really makes me wish I hadn't stopped! I'm going to have to convince a friend to go pick it up with me again. Thanks for writing such a great review, you really summed up my feelings about The Reel Sisters.
Thanks for your feedback Emmanae. Here's hoping you find a friend to revive fishing excursions with a friend!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 24 Feb 2018, 21:17 I really like your review! It provides a clear idea on what this book is all about and what a reader can look forward in this book. The detailed description gives a better image and for this reason its a good review. Thank you!
Thanks so much for your feedback, Sahani! The book had many positive things.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
joycechitwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joycechitwa.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by joycechitwa »

Your review is quite humorous! The fact that you thought fly fishing had something to do with flying is quite hilarious. I didn't know what it was either, but I'm pretty sure I didn't think it was about flying! I think I thought it was about fishing flies...somehow. Plus, you are quite knowledgeable on the history of the author. I love outdoor activities and am happy that the book explores one of them, fly fishing. Thank you for the review!
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

joycechitwa wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 11:04 Your review is quite humorous! The fact that you thought fly fishing had something to do with flying is quite hilarious. I didn't know what it was either, but I'm pretty sure I didn't think it was about flying! I think I thought it was about fishing flies...somehow. Plus, you are quite knowledgeable on the history of the author. I love outdoor activities and am happy that the book explores one of them, fly fishing. Thank you for the review!
Its funny the way the brain conjures up images. For some reason, when I read the term 'fly fishing' what came to mind was something to do with skydiving! Learning it is a sport further ingrained the picture in my mind!!

Thanks joycechitwa for stopping by and giving feedback!
-Walt Disney
Nma26
Currently Reading: Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nma26.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Nma26 »

Any book that inspires women, is a commendable read.I might read this one.Thanks.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Nma26 wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 08:59 Any book that inspires women, is a commendable read.I might read this one.Thanks.
Thanks for your feedback. Hope you enjoy the book!
-Walt Disney
Nelsy Mtsweni
Currently Reading: The Other Side of Him
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsnel006.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Nelsy Mtsweni »

I did not find the cover for the book to be attractive and inviting, so, I probably would not have chosen to read the book. Having read the review and the sample, I found the book to be nice, but I still will not read it entirely because it focuses on the flying fish sport, and since I am not much of a sporty person, I might not understand some of the things they talk about. But I do think one can learn a lot about these women's personal challenges. Thanks for an interesting review.
A day is not measured by the harvest that you collect, but by the seeds that you plant.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

mtsnel006 wrote: 22 Sep 2018, 15:15 I did not find the cover for the book to be attractive and inviting, so, I probably would not have chosen to read the book. Having read the review and the sample, I found the book to be nice, but I still will not read it entirely because it focuses on the flying fish sport, and since I am not much of a sporty person, I might not understand some of the things they talk about. But I do think one can learn a lot about these women's personal challenges. Thanks for an interesting review.
True, the fly fishing talk gets pretty intense in some places but there are many other things happening as well. Thanks for reading and commenting!
-Walt Disney
jcoad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcoad.html
Latest Review: True Blue Friend by Roy DeMauro

Post by jcoad »

Agree with your review! Sometimes the fly fishing terms were a little intense but overall I enjoyed this book. Thanks for the great summary and information in the review!
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

Cotwani wrote: 23 Aug 2018, 07:03
joycechitwa wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 11:04 Your review is quite humorous! The fact that you thought fly fishing had something to do with flying is quite hilarious. I didn't know what it was either, but I'm pretty sure I didn't think it was about flying! I think I thought it was about fishing flies...somehow. Plus, you are quite knowledgeable on the history of the author. I love outdoor activities and am happy that the book explores one of them, fly fishing. Thank you for the review!
Its funny the way the brain conjures up images. For some reason, when I read the term 'fly fishing' what came to mind was something to do with skydiving! Learning it is a sport further ingrained the picture in my mind!!

You two are so funny! I read this book too and really liked it. I have to admit I did know about fly fishing, but I didn't realize how complicated yet fun it must be.
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

BookReader+6 wrote: 06 Oct 2018, 18:47
Cotwani wrote: 23 Aug 2018, 07:03

You two are so funny! I read this book too and really liked it. I have to admit I did know about fly fishing, but I didn't realize how complicated yet fun it must be.
Ha ha! Indeed it is a great book. Thanks BookReader +6 for stopping by and commenting. Truly appreciated!
-Walt Disney
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

This wasn't one of my favorite books because of the "geek speak". Glad you enjoyed it though.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Nice review! I am intrigued to find out how the bonds between these five develop and how their interest in a common hobby impact this bonding. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”