Review by mspotassium -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mspotassium
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mspotassium.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Review by mspotassium -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by mspotassium »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Rob White retells his life journey and adventures in his book And Then I Met Margaret that will inspire readers and transform lives. In his book, he tells stories of his gurus that changes his way of living from his childhood until his grown-up days.

Since it is a self-help/ self-transformation non-fiction book, it will be critical for this kind of book to be entertaining and creative. I have encounter many self-help non-fiction book before and some of them really disappointed me because almost all of those books I’ve read have the same content which bored me at some point. So, I’m willing to rate And Then I Met Margaret 4 stars if the author will relay his story in a unique way that will not bore readers. How will he tell his story in a way that it will be new into our eyes and mind?

For starters, I can truly say that Rob White is a good motivational speaker and a wise decision-maker honed by his experiences. The book was creatively written in a humorous fashion yet interesting guru that were greatly unexpected but powerful just the same. The situations were simple that are surely relatable to anyone. Unlike some non-fiction inspirational books were tragedy after tragedy happens. Told by first person point of view which made each chapter authentic as well as made his thoughts more human. He also boldly expressed those times he made mistakes, his realizations, and how that wrong outlook in life made who he was today.

Although it was fun to read, I still cannot dismiss those grammatical errors I’ve seen. These errors were just indicators that it may not proofread properly. There were also some chapters that lack excitement compared with some that I like. Perhaps it was because in the mid-part, it became a routine in which I can predict the outcome. Nevertheless, he gained another momentum at the last few chapters for another inimitable tale of his life.

Moreover, we simply can’t call a book a self-transforming book if it can’t move or change lives. I believe And Then I Met Margaret has ingredients needed to really touch a soul. Honestly, I’m really grateful and honored to review a book like this. Rob White has taught me that that simple act that we make are those moments that contribute a lot on who we are and what we are. Also, he emphasized this lesson in my life: we never stop growing and learning no matter how old we get.

Therefore, I was willing to rate And Then I Met Margaret 4 out of 4 stars however, grammatical errors are really crucial so I deducted 1 star. I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars due to its astounding and light stories that will surely captivate and engage readers. A book that will teach us you don’t need to be wealthy and famous to be a guru of someone. With that I’ll end this review with a realization. It was one of my dreams to write an inspirational book about my life, however, my goal was shifted. I vowed after reading that instead of having a self-help book of my own I will just try my best to be a guru of all the person I’ve met and will meet hoping that I can also transform many lives.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like mspotassium's review? Post a comment saying so!
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

Plot seems appealing. And your review depicts it very well .
Moreover, I find title 'And Then I Met Margaret' quite attractive.
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
HouseOfAtticus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houseofatticus.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by HouseOfAtticus »

Thank you for writing this review. I found it really helpful.
mspotassium
Currently Reading:

Post by mspotassium »

HouseOfAtticus wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 06:27 Thank you for writing this review. I found it really helpful.
Thank you as well. ;) :D :D
mspotassium
Currently Reading:

Post by mspotassium »

Darakhshan Nazir wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 01:51 Plot seems appealing. And your review depicts it very well .
Moreover, I find title 'And Then I Met Margaret' quite attractive.
Thank you. :D and the plot is really appealing.
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

mspotassium wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 02:08 Therefore, I was willing to rate And Then I Met Margaret 4 out of 4 stars however, grammatical errors are really crucial so I deducted 1 star. I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars due to its astounding and light stories that will surely captivate and engage readers. A book that will teach us you don’t need to be wealthy and famous to be a guru of someone. With that I’ll end this review with a realization. It was one of my dreams to write an inspirational book about my life, however, my goal was shifted. I vowed after reading that instead of having a self-help book of my own I will just try my best to be a guru of all the person I’ve met and will meet hoping that I can also transform many lives.
I really enjoyed reading your review. It sounds like you drew some important benefits from this book. I certainly agree that our teachers don't have to be famous or wealthy to teach us great lessons. I felt that the author didn't take his own advice in many cases, so I didn't like the book quite as much as you did. But, I appreciated many aspects of it. Please check out my review as well. onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-darrington.html. Thanks!
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Thanks for your review. I also enjoyed the author's honesty in relating his life story. It made him see so real. The humor was also refreshing. Glad you enjoyed the book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”