Review by Cotwani -- Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dael Reader
Currently Reading: The Story of Arthur Truluv
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dael-reader.html
Latest Review: Extraordinary Stories From Everyday People (and me) by Les Clark
Reading Device: 1400697484

Re: Review by Cotwani -- Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Dael Reader »

Ah. I was drawn into the idea of the book at the start of your review, than you noted the sex scenes. Not my thing. Though I'll pass on this one, I liked your review.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Dael Reader wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 15:29 Ah. I was drawn into the idea of the book at the start of your review, than you noted the sex scenes. Not my thing. Though I'll pass on this one, I liked your review.
Thank you Dael Reader. The sex scenes were a wet blanket!

I appreciate your reading and leaving a comment.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

Cotwani wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 14:01
Shrabastee wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 03:07 From your review, I believe I would have liked this book very much sans the explicit scenes. I love fast-paced thrillers, and this one seems the epitome of that. I wonder how the stopover at hell was! Thanks for the superb review!
I guess you need to read the book to come face to face with hell! Allow me to give you one spoiler - the protagonists are not hurled into any fire!

Thanks for reading and giving feedback. Much appreciated!
Thank God they were not! I must read this one!
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Shrabastee wrote: 12 Nov 2018, 00:09
Cotwani wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 14:01
Shrabastee wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 03:07 From your review, I believe I would have liked this book very much sans the explicit scenes. I love fast-paced thrillers, and this one seems the epitome of that. I wonder how the stopover at hell was! Thanks for the superb review!
I guess you need to read the book to come face to face with hell! Allow me to give you one spoiler - the protagonists are not hurled into any fire!

Thanks for reading and giving feedback. Much appreciated!
Thank God they were not! I must read this one!
:lol: I hope you enjoy it!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Cotwani wrote: 10 Nov 2018, 13:54
Espie wrote: 04 Nov 2018, 16:09 This piece seems to have plenty of entangling twists enough to threaten even the skills of a cat. Things could really be as complex as the myriad variations of perspectives and possibilities not perfectly reachable by the limited expanse of our psyche; thus, it's better to take things with a more open mind unless it's our job to do something more. Thank you for another exquisitely written review.
Lol! Enough twists to threaten the skills of a cat! I love that. Maybe you are the right person to explain to me why they say a cat has 9 Lives!

Thanks for stopping by and giving feedback! Much appreciated!
Thank you. I'm not supposed to be superstitious or anything, but I think it's good to be creative at times. I'd like to have a pet dog again someday, too, but I think I'm more of a cat person. I almost always encounter a cat in every important milestone of my life. As to our feline friends' multiple lives, there are heaps of explanations for the lore; I'd say it is to catch the other kind in the overall food chain. All creatures have a purpose, the bible and (even) science point to that fact. :tiphat:
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Anthony__
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

This book seems fascinating, I just downloaded it. Can't wait to start reading it. Great review!
Anthony__
Currently Reading:

Post by Anthony__ »

Great review! It sounds twisty. The book cover page really got my attention. It really contributes to the content. Can't wait to finish reading it. Great review.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Anthony__ wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 05:24 Great review! It sounds twisty. The book cover page really got my attention. It really contributes to the content. Can't wait to finish reading it. Great review.
Thanks Antony, I hope you enjoy it as much as i did.
-Walt Disney
Anthony__
Currently Reading:

Post by Anthony__ »

I just finished reading this book Cotwani, I love the imaginative cast of characters. However, I think the author focused much on erotic scenes. Also, the author was a bit shallow in describing Tamayo's Character. I like your review anyway
Anthony__
Currently Reading:

Post by Anthony__ »

I also thought of the 10-days thing. Yet we were reading something like, Akira and Davon went for dinner... more than 15 times in the book. Also,Tamayo's scene was not properly portrayed.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Anthony__ wrote: 28 Jan 2019, 16:07 I just finished reading this book Cotwani, I love the imaginative cast of characters. However, I think the author focused much on erotic scenes. Also, the author was a bit shallow in describing Tamayo's Character. I like your review anyway
Yes, the erotic scenes suddenly took over the book - at the cost of better character development as you note. Thanks for your comment.
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Anthony__ wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 00:07 I also thought of the 10-days thing. Yet we were reading something like, Akira and Davon went for dinner... more than 15 times in the book. Also,Tamayo's scene was not properly portrayed.
I must say you are keen on detail. I'm not sure that registered when I read the book.Keep it up!
-Walt Disney
Itskai88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itskai88.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Itskai88 »

I just reviewed this book as well and it was for the most part a good one. The characters are so well developed, that i could almost visualise them and this made me watch a YouTube trailer of the book. Great review.
Dawud Adaviruku
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dawud-adaviruku.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Dawud Adaviruku »

This was an enjoyable read for me. I found it very intriguing for the most part and I especially love the character of Akira. Thanks for the great review.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Itskai88 wrote: 29 Jan 2019, 09:13 I just reviewed this book as well and it was for the most part a good one. The characters are so well developed, that i could almost visualise them and this made me watch a YouTube trailer of the book. Great review.
Yes, it was a good one, for the major part. Thanks for stopping by.
-Walt Disney

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”