Review by kenkomercy -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kenkomercy
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenkomercy.html
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman

Review by kenkomercy -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by kenkomercy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole is a gripping supernatural horror novel. As a fan of the hit series "Supernatural", I was immediately drawn in by the premise of this book. The author created a good atmospheric story that would truly grip you. There is nothing like a good paranormal/demon hunting story to get your juices flowing.

The story opens with Arthur saving his possessed "adopted" daughter at the price of going to hell. After recovering from that horrible ordeal, Abigail is hell bent on rescuing Arthur. However, the "Council" (a multinational and inter religious body tasked with keeping the world safe from the paranormal) doesn't want her digging into that. As a matter of fact, they no longer have faith in her and thinks she's incapacitated. A new case at Raven's Peak, a small town in suburban Tennessee brings her closest to her mission. The seemingly simple task of checking out some talk of paranormal activities opens the door to a lot more than anyone ever imagined. With the help of a clueless untrained young man, Abigail undertakes the most difficult challenge of her life.

The story mainly follows Abigail and her male companion, Haatim and is narrated in the third person. The author does change characters, but this is usually indicated by a new chapter or a section break (denoted by stars). Keeping up with who is speaking, then, is easy; I had no difficulty figuring out who the current subject was.

Even better than the twists and turns in this book are the characters. The characters were true to life; I found myself really being able to relate to them. Haatim is a young man who looses his faith in God after losing his sister. Even with a graduate degree in theology, he doesn't believe in the supernatural. His reaction to the supernatural is very natural; denial. Abigail on the other hand is a strong woman who who has her weaknesses. She is sometimes stubborn and disobedient, though most often understandably. The fact that the book had strong female leads made it all the more appealing to me.

I absolutely enjoyed the book and found nothing negative about the write-up. Overall, I would rate Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole 4 out of 4 stars. Lovers of the supernatural would absolutely enjoy this book. The book has some gruesome scenes some people might find disturbing. I would strongly advise those who can't stomach horror against reading this book. This book is the first of two in the "World on Fire" series and I can't wait to read the next one. Rest assured it doesn't end in a cliffhanger.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kenkomercy's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

I started reading this novel but lost interest. Your review makes me think I should have given it more time.
Great review though!!
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
BookishCreature
Currently Reading: Travels with Vamper
Bookshelf Size: 247
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcreature.html
Latest Review: The Library of Secrets: The Giant Mistake by Zoe Penn

Post by BookishCreature »

Great review! I really enjoyed the main characters as well. :) It's fun seeing so many people comparing the book to Supernatural - I definitely got that vibe too.
HouseOfAtticus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houseofatticus.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by HouseOfAtticus »

I love the positive reviews this book has received. It truly deserves them.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Wow! Really liked your opening paragraph about how excited you were to read this book. Looks like it did not disappoint. Nice job. Thanks.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Thanks for making it clear in your review that there is nothing like good paranormal/demon hunting story to get readers juices flowing.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”