Review by amargevich98 -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
amargevich98
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amargevich98.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Review by amargevich98 -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by amargevich98 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Each and every day, we meet new people that have lived a unique life and gained their own sense of wisdom about our world. Rob White recognizes this about the people he has met in his own life, and he marvelously weaves their wisdom with his own in his book, And Then I Met Margaret. Starting from when he was little, White goes through his life and tells the stories of moments in which he realized, with the help of those around him, that there is much more to life than meets the eye. He captivates his audience with his continuous coming of age tale that everyone can relate to in some way, shape or form.

I loved how White chose to structure the book—using a myth he believed to set the stage for each of his stories, and then finishing off his tale with a quote clearly expressing his new view on life. The lessons he shares are very applicable and simple to understand, as well as effectively demonstrated by the stories he chooses to share. I also appreciated how White waits to share how his perceptions change until after he tells his story, so the reader doesn’t form any preconceived notions about what he is going to say.

While And Then I Met Margaret is a pretty simple, and straightforward read, it is also a dense read. You can, if you choose, just read the stories like a novel and marvel at how nicely they tie together; however, I would argue that doing so would be a waste of such attainable wisdom. To get the most out of White’s work, you must read each story carefully and dive into the message White is trying to get across. As a reader, you must go beyond the surface and find how his wisdom can be applied in your own life.

I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. Not only was it an entertaining read, but there is a lot to be learned from what White shares. At some point in your life, you will experience hardship and feel as if you have no where to go. White understands this and uses his personal philosophies to help prepare and guide people through their darkest hours. However, he does so in an uplifting and positive outlook. As a younger reader with a lot of life yet to come, I learned a great deal from White’s life. I learned that when it seems grim and hopeless, it is up to you whether you rise above your hardships, or let them define you.

If you are looking for an uplifting story about one man’s adventure for meaning in this crazy world, I highly recommend Rob White’s, And Then I Met Margaret, is a book you will not be able to put down until you are finished reading. And even when you do put it down, his messages will stay with you forever.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like amargevich98's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
BookishCreature
Currently Reading: Travels with Vamper
Bookshelf Size: 247
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcreature.html
Latest Review: The Library of Secrets: The Giant Mistake by Zoe Penn

Post by BookishCreature »

Great review! I like what you said about reading each story carefully to get the most out of it. That's how I approached it - as a self-help book instead of a memoir - and I really enjoyed it as well.
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

Thanks for the review -was interesting to see your views on this book. Did you find at all that there was a focus on success and monetary gain? Do you also wonder why his wife does not feature in any of the stories?
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

wow, nice review. I am happy that you like this book. Rob helps a lot of people by this inspirational book. Nice review. Do check mine as well, Thanks.
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

Plot seems appealing. And your review depicts it very well .
Moreover, I find title 'And Then I Met Margaret' quite attractive.
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
HouseOfAtticus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houseofatticus.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by HouseOfAtticus »

I really found your review very extensive, though the book itself doesn't seem too appealing to me.
Janaina2018

Post by Janaina2018 »

I really enjoyed this book it's amazing
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I liked your opening sentence about how any person could be the one that inspires us. That seems to be what the author wanted to convey. Nice review.
Koloagirl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Koloagirl »

Great review, love your take on the story
Ogechi624

Post by Ogechi624 »

I love it so much interesting

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”