Review by Bookworm39 -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bookworm39
Favorite Book: To Tempt a Knight
Currently Reading: to seduce a knight
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm39.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review by Bookworm39 -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

Post by Bookworm39 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you love a good kids mystery, then you will love the 182-page book, Diary of a Snoopy Cat (Inca Book Series 5) by R.F. Kristi. This book was published on the 28th of October in the year of 2017 by the author herself. It was sold by Amazon Digital Service. The author loves animals and has two cats of her own, Inca and Cara. R. F. Kristi is a former Professional of the United Nations Children's Fund. She has a doctor's degree in Economic Development. She currently lives in France but has traveled and lived in many countries. R. F. Kristi's favorite book to read is a good who-done-it.

Inca, a Siberian kitty, wants to be a detective. So she decides to start a diary so she can write it all down. Inca, along with her siblings, Cara (Siamese Kitty), and Fromage (Tabby-cat) and their friends help Boss, a dog to find a will that will allow Boss and his human, Ned stay in their house. Will they find the will before it's too late? The list of characters in this book also includes Charlotte, a dwarf hamster who is Fromage's best buddy, Missy (Mom), their human mom and Missy's Aunt Florence. The friends are Terrence, a golden retriever, who already helped his human solve mysteries and Monk, a Blue Russian cat.

One of the things that I loved about the book was the illustrations. They are cute little drawings that tie in with the story. With these drawings, we can see what the characters look like and see what some of the scenes look like. I also like that there are headings like what day and time it is and how many days before Christmas. I think with these headings it breaks up the book a little and will keep the reader's attention more.

One thing that I didn't like about the book was that it seemed a little slow in the beginning. It started to pick up on page 66 and that is when it caught my attention. At times, it did get confusing on the characters. I had to go back to the beginning of the book to see which of the characters was a cat, dog, or human.

"I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars." I gave this rating because even though I couldn't see any grammar or punctuation mistakes, it was a little slow in the beginning. I think this book would appeal to animal lovers and kids up to 8 to 12 years of age.

Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Bookworm39's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”