Review by pinklover -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Review by pinklover -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by pinklover »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered why we continue on sinning? Sin is the most controversial issue in the Bible. A retired Presbyterian minister named William Combs wrote this book Who Told You that You were Naked. A refreshing reexamination in the Garden of Eden will clarify our misconception of sin. The idea of this book is taken out of a sermon. This is a nonfiction book is suited for handling Bible study and for self-maturity.

William explained how Satan tries to destroy the first pair of humans by deceiving them. Why did God allow an enemy to destroy His perfect creation? Why did the serpent make Eve the first victim? The sin controversy in the Garden of Eden is the beginning of sin, throughout all generations of the human race. Why did it happen in the Garden of Eden when in fact God is there?

I like Williams explanation of the knowledge of good and evil. We are all subjects to sin. God created us perfectly, but marred with sin. God renewed us day by day because of His grace through Christ. Faith is the requirement when accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

William tackled the redemptive actions of God clarifies my misconception on sinning. No one can save himself or herself from the bondage of sin. Jesus Christ is the only one that can save our soul from the fires of hell. How? Accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior over your life. Believe that Jesus is able to renew your life. Confess to Jesus that you have sinned and cannot save yourself from the bondage of sin. “For all have sin and fall short of the glory of God.” (Rom. 3:23 ESV)

The theme and the title of each chapter make the story more interesting. It is very easy to read. I found some spelling errors, but it does not distract me from reading it patiently. Bible students, pastors and church leaders can use this book as a tool for their studies. Testimonies are included to understand well the author’s point of view. William’s testimonies inspired me that God is working in my life as well.

I disagree on this point about killing an animal before Adam and Eve’s fall, but it does not hinder me to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I learned different insights on my daily journey as a Christian. I recommend this book to all people for their own self-evaluation.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like pinklover's review? Post a comment saying so!
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
n-dai che
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-dai-che.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by n-dai che »

Nice review, It is well written. Sin causes conflicts, killings, hatred and many more. I learned many things on your review. Nice one.
pinklover

Post by pinklover »

pricessbianca28 wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 00:23 Nice review, It is well written. Sin causes conflicts, killings, hatred and many more. I learned many things on your review. Nice one.
Exactly as what you have noticed. Sin had plenty of effects in our world today. It grows even more brutal than long ago, I guess. :tiphat:
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
Nobert
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nobert.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Nobert »

Reading this book gives us hope that even if we are sinners we still can be saved from distraction through accepting Christ in our lives and walking in His footsteps. Nice review and well explained and I hope from this book souls will be saved
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
pinklover

Post by pinklover »

Nobert wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 05:40 Reading this book gives us hope that even if we are sinners we still can be saved from distraction through accepting Christ in our lives and walking in His footsteps. Nice review and well explained and I hope from this book souls will be saved
Your right! The Word of God will never return to Him empty. THAT IS ALSO MY PRAYERS. Thanks to you. :lol: :tiphat:
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

I was first surprised when I came across that passage with the animal before Adam was taken to the Garden of Eden.
In William Comb's mind, "how else was Adam expected to comprehend the concept of death?"
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
pinklover

Post by pinklover »

Paul78 wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 14:25 I was first surprised when I came across that passage with the animal before Adam was taken to the Garden of Eden.
In William Comb's mind, "how else was Adam expected to comprehend the concept of death?"
I understand after I finished reading the book. The lamb killing is to know the death feeling. :D
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

I also reviewed this book. I agree on your point. The killing of the lamb also confused me but later I understand. Nice review.
Jeremie

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Kat Kennedy
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-kennedy.html
Latest Review: "All About Water" by Greg Chick, Marta Zarrella

Post by Kat Kennedy »

An interesting review, but not a book for me.
pinklover

Post by pinklover »

Kat Kennedy wrote: 18 Jan 2018, 23:34 An interesting review, but not a book for me.
thanks for your time reading my review... :lol: :lol:
Kat Kennedy
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-kennedy.html

Post by Kat Kennedy »

No problem at all. I’m always happy to read reviews especially when the reviewer loves the book. I’ve shared the review and the book title to my best friend because it is right up her alley!
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Thanks for this lovely review. This book converts our attention to this unattended reality. I have also reviewed this book .Do check mine.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
pinklover

Post by pinklover »

Kat Kennedy wrote: 19 Jan 2018, 12:43 No problem at all. I’m always happy to read reviews especially when the reviewer loves the book. I’ve shared the review and the book title to my best friend because it is right up her alley!
Thanks Kat for your time reading my review. :lol:
Hildah Mose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hildah-mose.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Hildah Mose »

Just by reading your review I feel the conviction to reevaluate my Christian Life. Thanks for the wonderful review. I think I will try this one out as well
Jeremie Mondejar
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

Hildah Mose wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 21:16 Just by reading your review I feel the conviction to reevaluate my Christian Life. Thanks for the wonderful review. I think I will try this one out as well
I also reviewed this book and I am encourage to live by faith. God reminds my calling through this book. :tiphat:
Jeremie

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”