Review by aliceriddle -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
aliceriddle
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aliceriddle.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Review by aliceriddle -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by aliceriddle »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Who Told You That You Were Naked? written by William Combs contains scriptures, stories of biblical characters and the author's insights. It explores many interesting concepts, such as fear, deception, faith, and life. However, the central story in the book is the story of Adam and Eve, who are the original ancestors of the humanity. The author also talks about their relationship with God, the encounter with the serpent, and the consequences they had to face. However, this is not a traditional story that we encountered throughout our childhood. The author offers us his own interpretation of the story and uses specific arguments to support his statements.

Right from the beginning, I was really excited to read the book. The first few pages made me feel like I was witnessing an event happen in front of my eyes. The simple writing manner, the beautiful choice of words and creativity helped to animate the whole scene in my mind. William Combs provided detailed descriptions of his characters, Adam and Eve, and showed their mindset and personality which helped me understand the book more.

What I find interesting about this book is that William Combs talks about his own opinion and shows us a fully different approach to the issues provided in the book. He explains the concepts of "sinning" and "freedom," and asks one main question: does sinning restrict humans' freedom of a choice? The answer becomes clear in the following chapters. God is all-knowing and powerful, which means that he sees the future. He knows what will happen already. In this case, he knew that the serpent would try to deceive Adam and Eve, but he didn't stop this occurrence. Instead, he gave them the freedom of a choice.

Another thing I liked about the book is that each chapter has a list of questions at the end. They help the reader to memorize the main points, and it's also a good way to start a group discussion. It's a great feeling when a person can finally discuss what he has read in the book with his fellow peers and analyze the information through discussions.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, and I recommend it to open-minded individuals, who are willing to learn more about religions. I'm sure that Christians would like this book the most since it gives them a chance to grow spiritually and strengthen their relationship with the God. You won't be able to put the book away after starting to read it. You will enjoy the simple writing manner, reading about the interpretations of the author, and learning more about Christianity.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like aliceriddle's review? Post a comment saying so!
mandalee519
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandalee519.html
Latest Review: "Purgatory a rockstars journey into hell" by Jennifer Nickell
Reading Device: B00IOVUXL8

Post by mandalee519 »

I have a great understanding of what the book is about after reading your review. I love how you discuss the topics that are covered in the book. This gives potential readers great insight into the book's content.
Latest Review: "Purgatory a rockstars journey into hell" by Jennifer Nickell
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Interesting comments! I liked what you said about God being all-knowing, meaning that he sees the future. If a person believes that, it changes everything. Very thought provoking review. Thanks!
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

Also, the fact that he used his personal encounter in the writing of the book makes it intriguing. I think the book is better understood when one have a personal revelation like he did. That can only happen, by the inspiration of the Holy Ghost. In my review, I explained this to readers. Great review Alice!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”