Review by aliceriddle -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
aliceriddle
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aliceriddle.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Review by aliceriddle -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

Post by aliceriddle »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you need to lose weight? What type of food must you eat daily? Do you bruise easily? Do you catch a cold more than once a year? Are products promoted by the media safe? If you are constantly thinking about these questions, then you have come to the right place.

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks, written by a retired physician specializing in internal medicine and cardiology, Dr. Tavel, is an interesting collection of scientific articles and facts. Each chapter solely focuses on one issue and talks about it in details. The book is very well-organized and you definitely won't get lost. It is divided into three main sections: tips, myths, and tricks. The first section talks about how being healthy impacts us in a positive way. For example, we will have a healthier physical appearance and we will look younger. Also, we will waste less money and be much happier if we follow Dr. Tavel's tips. The second section mostly focuses on myths and misconceptions created by the society about our health and issues. The topics are quite diverse in this section: they can be about wi-fi, air travel, organic foods, and exercises. And lastly, the third section uncovers the marketing tactics and methods that advertisers use in order to make our wallets empty.

I found it quite interesting that Dr. Tavel not only talks about health issues but also about companies trying to deceive us every day. We live in the twenty-first century and we are constantly surrounded by the faulty information shared by the media. It gets harder to distinguish between nonsense and real facts since we barely get a chance to hear from the professionals. We should be more cautious about who we trust because companies only care about selling their product and getting a profit. Generally, they don't care how their products may impact others in a negative way.

This is exactly why we must educate ourselves more about such frauds and scams. We must learn to distinguish between the real products and those which can influence us in a negative way. Reading this book is a great chance to deepen your knowledge concerning your health. The author also talks about potential risks of blindly trusting media and companies and how to such situations.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I recommend this book to the reader who has doubts about health-related issues and wants to try and make their lives slightly better. After reading this book, you will gain useful knowledge that you will need in life. It will also help you get rid of general misconceptions made by others.

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like aliceriddle's review? Post a comment saying so!
mandalee519
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandalee519.html
Latest Review: "Purgatory a rockstars journey into hell" by Jennifer Nickell
Reading Device: B00IOVUXL8

Post by mandalee519 »

I love how you start your review with questions that capture your audience. This technique really allows potential readers to analyze if the book is for them. You also discussed the books structure and topics discussed, providing further insight into what the book is about. Very great review!
Latest Review: "Purgatory a rockstars journey into hell" by Jennifer Nickell
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

aliceriddle wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 09:42 [Following is a volunteer review of "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you need to lose weight? What type of food must you eat daily? Do you bruise easily? Do you catch a cold more than once a year? Are products promoted by the media safe? If you are constantly thinking about these questions, then you have come to the right place.
I just read your review again, and I so appreciate your opening paragraph. You have drawn the reader right in immediately. It's a good tool. It made me want to read the book, and your review. Well done. I have also read and reviewed the book.
viewtopic.php?f=114&t=54038&p=810214&hi ... on#p810214
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

Dr. Tavel's book is a great help to those who read it. The myths in this book corrected my false beliefs. nice review. Do check mine as well, thanks.
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Great comments on who not to trust. When it comes to health we want to trust the "authorities". As you point, not everyone giving out information is giving informed details - including the media. Nice job. Thanks.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”