Review by Adrian mulenga -- Twisted Threads

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Adrian mulenga
Currently Reading: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adrian-mulenga.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Review by Adrian mulenga -- Twisted Threads

Post by Adrian mulenga »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

TWISTED THREADS by Kaylin Mcfarren is a thriller novel filled with alot of action, mystery, drama and romance from the onset through out,making u instantly addicted. Akira was a trapped member of a ruthless gang in Japan, she was incoperated into the gang at a very young age, and life of being an assassin was all she knew.

Akira was a paid assassin for almost all her life until she started wishing for a more meaningful life. She had always wanted out, but couldn't, until an opportunity presented it self when she was assigned the task of avenging Meiko, the gang leaders sister. In so doing her debt would be paid and she would be a free woman. Meiko was vacationing in Mexico when she met her demise, a couple by the names Sara and Paul were believed to be the one's behind her death. After flying to America, Akira embarked on a cruise ship on which the couple believed to have killed Meiko were boarded. On board was also a mysterious person who was refferd to only as the watcher. She later makes acquaintance with Devon, who changes her view on life and gets her believing in a feeling she never knew possible, love.

With the watcher lurking around in the shadow's and with supporting characters that will keep you guessing, the number of deaths on the ship begins to slowly but steadily pile up while the captain of the ship tries to keep the passengers from finding out. Akira's mission was to kill Paul and Sara but later discovers everything was not as easy as she had initially thought.

The book is a very interesting read filled with a whole lot of suspense, drama, action and romance, it has a high tempo from the onset through out, every plot was expressed in great detail from the action scenes to the steamy romantic scenes that added an erotic excitement to the novel. As you read it you could not really guess who murdered who,it leave's you in suspence, which is one of the reasons it is a very good novel. The quote "the only thing sweeter than a secret is revenge " makes one wonder if the mysterious watcher was behind the killings on the ship. I also liked the fact the author expresses Akira in a more relatable character.

I believe a whole lot of people would enjoy reading this novel as much as I have. I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

Twisted Threads
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Adrian mulenga's review? Post a comment saying so!
mandalee519
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandalee519.html
Latest Review: "Purgatory a rockstars journey into hell" by Jennifer Nickell
Reading Device: B00IOVUXL8

Post by mandalee519 »

Most of your review summarizes the book which is useful for potential readers. I love how you expressed the book starts lively and does not lose its momentum. It sound very promising!
Latest Review: "Purgatory a rockstars journey into hell" by Jennifer Nickell
Adrian mulenga

Post by Adrian mulenga »

Thank you for your analysis I really appreciate, thanks for the comment.
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

Assassin victims in a ship cruise. Twisted Threads has an interesting setting. I like reading stuff on other cultures, so, it's appealing that the narrative details the socio-cultual aspect of Japan.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
phemmaj
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 39

Post by phemmaj »

The book is action packed and full of suspense. The review is summarised and expressed in such a way that makes the book so inviting. There is no use of vocabularies thus make the review easy to understand. Nice job
Adrian mulenga

Post by Adrian mulenga »

Thanks, I hope u get to look at it.
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

Nice review , I can feel how excited you are when you read this. I will read this in my spare time.
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

I'm glad you enjoyed the book so much! I have yet to find a 4 out of 4 stars book on the site...
Adrian mulenga

Post by Adrian mulenga »

Yeah! Am sure you will

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”