Review by collagendavoli -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
collagendavoli
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collagendavoli.html
Latest Review: "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi

Review by collagendavoli -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

Post by collagendavoli »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I moderately liked this book; probably would give it 2 out of 4 stars. I felt that the story line itself was not one that I had seen before with the pet detective team, but I did find that at times that there were way too many characters and I had to go back to the front to review who was who. I also haven’t read any of these other books and I feel as though I was constantly missing a piece of the puzzle.

I enjoyed the diary aspect of the book, it reminded me a little of a Junie B. Jones book in that sense. However, the font of the book really messed with my focus as an adult with ADHD, I can imagine it giving kids with ADHD a similar struggle. I would suggest this book for someone maybe 7-10 years old because the amount of characters could be confusing to younger kids, while the structure and style of the book could deter older kids.

The book follows Inca and her pals as they work together, also alongside a once terrifying dog named Boss, to solve the disappearance of one of their friends in the Himalayas. I did have some trouble discerning the different stories from each other, so I think that the book needs a little bit more editing to be clearer for the reader.

The overall feeling of the book once finished was satisfaction that the case was solved and the typical happy ending that a children’s book needs, but also a bit of relief that the book wasn’t any longer. I think that some parts dragged a little, while others were more captivating. The beginning was very slow to get into and I almost didn’t even want to finish it, but I’m glad I did.

Overall the book was suitable for children, although only those within a certain age range (7-10 years old). The plot follows a standard route and the reader is not left with too many loose ends and they are left in a happier place with the story line. I do think that this book has a few editing flaws and stylistically the font is at times horrendous to someone with ADHD. I would recommend this to my nephew to read as well as any elementary age student. Readers do need to be wary of the amount of characters and detail at times though because it may becoming overwhelming to some.

Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like collagendavoli's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi
mandalee519
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandalee519.html
Latest Review: "Purgatory a rockstars journey into hell" by Jennifer Nickell
Reading Device: B00IOVUXL8

Post by mandalee519 »

I agree that it was difficult to hold on to all the character descriptions. I had to actually find something relatable in each character to help me remember who was who. This may be hard to do for young children.
Latest Review: "Purgatory a rockstars journey into hell" by Jennifer Nickell

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”