Review by Sahani Nimandra -- Sigfried's Smelly...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Re: Review by Sahani Nimandra -- Sigfried's Smelly...

Post by Manang Muyang »

Hello, Sahani Nimandra! I had the chance to read this smelly book when it was BOTD two days ago. I think it is a good one for teaching kids to use their senses of sight, hearing, and smell. To complete the five senses, the parents would have to hug the children and treat them to ice cream after reading, LOL! A sixth sense would be the sense of humor that everybody should have.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

Miriam Molina wrote: 30 Jan 2018, 17:29 Hello, Sahani Nimandra! I had the chance to read this smelly book when it was BOTD two days ago. I think it is a good one for teaching kids to use their senses of sight, hearing, and smell. To complete the five senses, the parents would have to hug the children and treat them to ice cream after reading, LOL! A sixth sense would be the sense of humor that everybody should have.
Yes, that's totally true! Honestly, this may be a children book but it has lot to offer more than anything.
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Oulababe »

Sigfried story sounds gross and hilarious. I noticed some grammatical errors in your review that you'd like to work on.
Sahani Nimandra

Oulababe wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 14:52 Sigfried story sounds gross and hilarious. I noticed some grammatical errors in your review that you'd like to work on.
Oh! Thank you!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

The cartoon illustrations to talk about stinky smells might make some kids laugh for sure, but I don't think children need prodding to talk and laugh about stinky smells. They may need more help in reacting positive to stinky smells and keeping their bodies and environments clean.
Sahani Nimandra

LV2R wrote: 07 Oct 2018, 23:18 The cartoon illustrations to talk about stinky smells might make some kids laugh for sure, but I don't think children need prodding to talk and laugh about stinky smells. They may need more help in reacting positive to stinky smells and keeping their bodies and environments clean.
:D hahaha, so true! Thank you for commenting!
Ma Cheryll
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-cheryll.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Ma Cheryll »

I couldn't agree with you more @Sahani Nimandra👍This is such a happy, hilarious book that kids and parents will enjoy :D plus, it has a special lesson about "cleanliness" silently written all over this book that every reader, young and old, will remember🤗 I honestly enjoyed your review👏 thanks for sharing! :tiphat:
Sahani Nimandra

Oulababe wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 14:52 Sigfried story sounds gross and hilarious. I noticed some grammatical errors in your review that you'd like to work on.
Thank you so much for pointing that out. :tiphat:
Sahani Nimandra

Ma Cheryll wrote: 08 Oct 2018, 05:44 I couldn't agree with you more @Sahani Nimandra👍This is such a happy, hilarious book that kids and parents will enjoy :D plus, it has a special lesson about "cleanliness" silently written all over this book that every reader, young and old, will remember🤗 I honestly enjoyed your review👏 thanks for sharing! :tiphat:
Thank you for commenting dear :tiphat:
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

A lot has already been written that appeal to the senses and it's rare that I encounter anything that specifically deals with the olfactory one. It's probably because it could be one of the most discomforting topics to tackle. Thus, to be able to come up with a humorous yet lesson-filled piece such as what you found this book to be is a true mark of a skilful writer, indeed. Thank you for your light yet weighty review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Sahani Nimandra

Espie wrote: 14 Oct 2018, 21:04 A lot has already been written that appeal to the senses and it's rare that I encounter anything that specifically deals with the olfactory one. It's probably because it could be one of the most discomforting topics to tackle. Thus, to be able to come up with a humorous yet lesson-filled piece such as what you found this book to be is a true mark of a skilful writer, indeed. Thank you for your light yet weighty review.
Thank you so much for putting it in that way! I'm glad that you appreciate my work dear.
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 29 Jan 2018, 06:28
Sarah Tariq wrote: 28 Jan 2018, 12:24 It's an amazing funny book for children. The author inculcates the lesson of cleanliness through this book. It's a lovely review. Thanks
Thanks for the comment!
Yeah, it was written in a jolly style, but definitely has an unsaid message behind. Thanks from me as well. It really was a mood enlightening review.
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:
Sahani Nimandra

Ayat paarsa wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 20:10
Sarah Tariq wrote: 28 Jan 2018, 12:24 It's an amazing funny book for children. The author inculcates the lesson of cleanliness through this book. It's a lovely review. Thanks
Thanks for the comment!
Yeah, it was written in a jolly style, but definitely has an unsaid message behind. Thanks from me as well. It really was a mood enlightening review.
Thank you, I'm glad that it was an entertaining review! :tiphat:
Ayat paarsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayat-paarsa.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Ayat paarsa »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 20:21
Ayat paarsa wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 20:10

Thanks for the comment!
Thank you, I'm glad that it was an entertaining review! :tiphat:
No doubt :D
:reading-5: @paarsa. :escribir:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”