Review by djordjesvonja -- Lemoncella Cocktail

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
djordjesvonja
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-djordjesvonja.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Review by djordjesvonja -- Lemoncella Cocktail

Post by djordjesvonja »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Lemoncella Cocktail
by Rene Natan

This is C/T/M/H book about a young man called Patrick Carter, who rescued a girl which was drowning in a cold river. He takes her home. Her name is Samantha and her family, especially her grandmother which takes care of her, is very grateful. But for Patrick the trouble is just beginning. The girl was deliberately thrown into the water by unknown men. The bad boys noticed that Patrick saved her and begin to chase him too. Patrick becomes a friend with the family and assists the police in detecting of the criminals. In the meantime he fell in love with a beautiful police woman named Emy...

An average book with a good idea and plot at the beginning, but later in the book my disappointment was growing bigger and bigger. The book is neat and transparent, every chapter starts on a new page and the chapters are quite short and very readable, for those that read the book with the pauses. The title of the book is completely wrong.

I like an idea of the book, a stranger who saves a young girl from a certain death and puts in jeopardy his life. I like the characters, a description of them is so detailed that I could imagine them to the details and identify them with the real characters in my life. However, I don’t like a culmination of the story, I imagined a completely different outcome. The fate of the characters is determined by a totally illogical way. Also I do not like the title of the book because it can’t be connected with the story in the book. At the beginning, I did not want to read the book because of the title, it sounds so boring and non attractive, does not associates me of the action, and the book is full of it.

One thing that is very strange is a lack of uncertainty and upheaval. While I read the book, I expected some uncertainty. However, everything I thought it would be happened, happened without any surprises and reversals and every book should be full of it, because that holds the readers in suspense and forcing them to read a book further.

This is a type of the book that, if you pause the reading, you do not have a desire to continue to read it because everything is so logical and boring, there is no twists and surprises, so you will not miss much if you do not continue to read. I am reviewing this book with 2 out of 4 stars. A Little better plot, a much more uncertain outcome and higher score would be given. Like this, the book is nothing special and nothing in it stands out.

Lemoncella Cocktail
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like djordjesvonja's review? Post a comment saying so!
HouseOfAtticus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houseofatticus.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by HouseOfAtticus »

I really like your review. I had a different opinion about this book. However, I did really love your review.
djordjesvonja
Currently Reading:

Post by djordjesvonja »

Thanks verry much! We are all have different opinions about the books. All the best.
mandalee519
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandalee519.html
Latest Review: "Purgatory a rockstars journey into hell" by Jennifer Nickell
Reading Device: B00IOVUXL8

Post by mandalee519 »

Your review does speak about a lot of what you disliked about the book, which can be a good thing for those sharing common opinions. I would have liked to see a little more discussion about what you did enjoy about the book, but overall your summary does give some understanding of what the book is about.
Latest Review: "Purgatory a rockstars journey into hell" by Jennifer Nickell
djordjesvonja
Currently Reading:

Post by djordjesvonja »

Thanks mandalee519 for review, i will have that on my mind next time. I appreciate any advice. Thanks again, all the best!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”