Review by Ste Brad -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ste Brad
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03199">And Then I Met Margaret</a>
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ste-brad.html
Latest Review: "Can I Be Frank?" by Rob Wyatt
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Review by Ste Brad -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Ste Brad »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is a review of Robert White's And Then I Met Margaret; published by Mind Adventure Press, Boston, Massachusetts, 2013; mobiISBN: 978 098 02299 74. It is important to mention that the author wrote this book while in his seventh decade of participating in life. In it, he permits us the use of universal, life lessons revealed as Providence presented them to him and as he embraced them. This book is perfect for the second session high school freshman class of Anytown, USA. Yet, it is relevant to the ageless soul and the alert adult. I give this book 4 out of 4 stars because there is no significant number of typographic or grammatical errors affecting the delivery of the author's message.

Through this volume of twenty-one specific glimpses into his life events, the author provides us with valuable anecdotes immediately applicable to daily living. We are blessed by the insightful wisdom of the author and his skillful manner of offering the reader launching pads addressing specific challenges living poses. One can not say 'challenges that life poses' because without actively pursuing aims, there is no teaching forum. This is the principal fact that the author simply impresses upon the reader.

I most appreciate the format of the book. He presents the debunked myth and the corresponding lesson learned through a detailed portrayal of the awakening, interactive exchange between himself and others. I least appreciate the story about the Maasai mother. The situation engenders the urge to want to reach out and teach her...'yes! yes! the sun; The Sun of Righteousness! Who has healing in His wings and has also provided you with many brothers and sisters all across the globe who may have some specific answer to the health concern your family is facing right now! But, the author leaves the matter as coaxed by the travel guide; and I can not imagine that his spirit is quiet or full when reconsidering that matter.

The author employs appropriate tone, wording (although, at times, colloquial) and depth of delivery. I would say that anyone above the age of twelve years could grasp most of the book's insights. But, I would recommend it to those who have passed the initial start of the ninth grade (as in the USA); presupposing that even a sheltered person will have experienced some reflective challenge by that age and stage of life.

Digesting this literary work leaves the reader full; full of excitement, hope and eagerness to wholeheartedly immerse oneself in any current goals, as well as, embark upon new ones with renewed vigor. While readers will love this entire book, some key scenes to look forward to include: deer on ice, shaky kidneys and roundabout livers, daddies' walks, factories and cars, earthquakes and ocean surf, stinky basements and chocolate loving squirrels, pennies and Hamiltons, speedy apartments, paying our own way and positive focus, among others.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ste Brad's review? Post a comment saying so!
HouseOfAtticus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houseofatticus.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by HouseOfAtticus »

I loved your review. Thank you for this review. I love that the author used colloquial tone.
Ste Brad
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03199">And Then I Met Margaret</a>

Post by Ste Brad »

You're more than welcome! I appreciate your taking the time to say so.

Truly wonderful life lessons👍
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

Thanks for the review - I am reading this book and have similar thoughts to you. Glad you enjoyed it.
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

I like your review. I enjoyed reading this book and i AM HAPPY THAT YOU ENJOYED READING this book as well. Do check mine as well, Thanks.
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
Ste Brad

Post by Ste Brad »

COOL! Thanks for taking the time to let me know! Very encouraging!
Hildah Mose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hildah-mose.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Hildah Mose »

Like you. I loved this book as well. I liked your review. Thanks
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Great review. I agree with your comment that without pursuing aims there is no teaching. The Massai mother was also my least favorite chapter. I also like your recommendations. Nice job.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”