Review by Kealani -- From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rose_13
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kealani.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Review by Kealani -- From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rose_13 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

From Drift to Shift by Jody B. Miller is a non-fiction book that helps inspire individuals both young and old to make a positive change in their daily lives. This book shares many stories of individuals who drifted along in life until they decided either to change or an uncontrollable circumstance encouraged them to shift forward. Shifting can sometimes be a scary experience but this book gives you encouraging advice to embrace change and to accept the consequences of following your dreams.

This book kind of surprised me, I wasn’t too sure if I was actually going to like it because of my own personal skepticism, but I’m glad that I read it. In this book, I really liked the variety of stories from different individuals and their backgrounds, but what struck me the most was the author’s own personal story that inspired them to make a shift in their own life. The lives that are written in this book is a continual proof that true success doesn’t come from money, material possessions, or power.

There is nothing in this book that I didn’t like or least enjoy, it was very informative, insightful, and encouraging. It really put you in the shoes of the individual and their experiences, whither they had cancer, or became paraplegic, or an amputee due to warfare. The stories and information that’s in this book truly make it an enjoyable read plus, there are no grammar errors.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because of its valuable content and lack of grammar errors. This book didn’t score a 4 out of 4 stars from me because even though the information is valuable, there were times that the stories or the information dragged on. The rhythm or pace of the book became slow and a little choppy, but once you got over those few speed bumps it was an evenly paced story again.

This book, I believe, would appeal to anyone who is going through a difficult time and trying to find their way in life; their calling. And it could also appeal to those that are looking for a more positive mindset and a more positive way to approach circumstances or life. It is possible that this book would not be as appealing to those who already have a positive mindset or to those who are not interested in other people’s experiences/nonfiction stories.

From Drift to SHIFT
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kealani's review? Post a comment saying so!
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

I enjoyed reading your review. I liked many aspects of the book, though I didn't enjoy it quite as much as you did. I agree it was a little bit chopped up with all of the going back and forth between first and third person. Check out my review if you like. Thanks. viewtopic.php?f=114&t=55189
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

I enjoy reading your review after reading Eva Darrington's review. It is always interesting to see how differently two people perceive and react to the same book.
Rose_13

Post by Rose_13 »

Thank you CommMayo & yes, I agree.
It's quite amazing on how much opinions can differ
and/or be the same (:
Chelsy Scherba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jordan David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsy-scherba.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 64963

Post by Chelsy Scherba »

This book sounds so helpful. I like that there are different stories that show how people figured out how to take charge of their lives. Awesome review!
Rose_13

Post by Rose_13 »

Thank you!(:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”