Review by eBookreviewer -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
eBookreviewer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =8714">The Angel's Game</a>
Currently Reading: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebookreviewer.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Review by eBookreviewer -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by eBookreviewer »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raven's Peak is a captivating and gripping book with a clear elaborated writing in a way that never lets you get bored, as it is always on continuous movement and suspense. The scenes are vividly narrated and the plot keeps you engaged and curious with smooth and smart dialogue.

I like the way the writer gives the characters a multi-dimensional point of view with strong and well developed personalities. The plot moves swiftly on in an unexpected direction.The pacing was good at the beginning of the book, however it sometimes goes down in the following chapters.

What I don't like about the book is that the plot sometimes is aimless and confusing. Some characters descriptions need more depth and for that reason I couldn't connect with them.
What I like about the book is the way the writer shows the reader the different cultural diversity of the two main protagonists of this novel through the different dialogues. Another characteristic that I appreciate from this book is that there are not many descriptions and this makes the story develop more quickly.

I can say that the plot keeps you on the lookout every page from the beginning when the story opens with an action filled prelude. We know in it Arthur, an old demon hunter, and Abigail who is possessed by a demon. In this prologue Arthur tries to save Abigail life and for that he has to give up his life for her. In the following chapters, Lincoln Cole show us how the two main characters of the book meet up. Haatim, a theology graduate from India, who didn't believe in demons until he meets Abigail, a demon hunter, who is in a mission in Arizona where she ends up saving Haatim's life. Both are forced to go to Raven's Peak, where a darker and terrible evil waits for both.

I give the book 3 out of 4 stars. The reason why I do not give four is because I have found some punctuation and spelling mistakes. I think the book would benefit from another proofread. Another reason is that some characters would need more depth in their descriptions to feel more empathy for them. In general, the book is well written and the plot is well developed, and it keeps you in suspense all the time and for this reason I give it 3 stars and no less.

In conclusion, I did like the book so I would recommend it to people who enjoy dark, horror stories with vivid and intense scenes. For those fans of Stephen King books, here you can find passages of horror, mystery and suspense.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like eBookreviewer's review? Post a comment saying so!
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

Thanks for your review - I have read a few reviews on this book and have to say that it does sound like a good read. Well done on the review!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Great review. I agree that it was interesting and developed the characters well - sometimes in surprising ways. Nice job. Thanks.
eBookreviewer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =8714">The Angel's Game</a>
Currently Reading: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebookreviewer.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by eBookreviewer »

It is a great book if you like dark and horror stories. The review gives readers a good point of view about this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”