Review by Eva Darrington -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Re: Review by Eva Darrington -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

I guess it's time to take health seriously and read this novel.
Great review!!
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

I've read this book as well, I think it was my first one ever at OBC. Great book, although I don't agree with every single point of it, he does write well. Great review.
EvaDar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

kislany wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 12:38 I've read this book as well, I think it was my first one ever at OBC. Great book, although I don't agree with every single point of it, he does write well. Great review.
Thank you so much for stopping by.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
silvernailthomson
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by silvernailthomson »

I find this review quite fascinating! What stuck out most of all, to me, was how detailed you are regarding each section of the book; breaking it down so a future reader has an opportunity to begin reading with a critical mind. I believe in questioning everything, especially when it comes to topics as important as healthcare and medicine. This is precisely why I appreciate you pointing out a lack of evidence to substantiate a claim. Making very diffinitive claims on any topic without a proper foundation is very dangerous, and immediately leaves room for doubt. Though this book may leave you with more questions than answers, maybe that is precisely why it should be read! Healthcare is a topic that I believe we should be asking more questions about. Thank you so much for this meaty review!
EvaDar
Currently Reading:

Post by EvaDar »

silvernailthomson wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 21:12 I find this review quite fascinating! What stuck out most of all, to me, was how detailed you are regarding each section of the book; breaking it down so a future reader has an opportunity to begin reading with a critical mind. I believe in questioning everything, especially when it comes to topics as important as healthcare and medicine. This is precisely why I appreciate you pointing out a lack of evidence to substantiate a claim. Making very diffinitive claims on any topic without a proper foundation is very dangerous, and immediately leaves room for doubt. Though this book may leave you with more questions than answers, maybe that is precisely why it should be read! Healthcare is a topic that I believe we should be asking more questions about. Thank you so much for this meaty review!
Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your thoughts. I will check out your reviewer page!
-Nayyirah Waheed
uyky
Favorite Author: Charles de Lint
Currently Reading: Tapping the Dream Tree
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
fav_author_id: 6861

Post by uyky »

With your reviews I find it amazing how detailed you are and it gives me information if I should even start the book. Carry on with the good work.
Polgesteirg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-polgesteirg.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Polgesteirg »

I like that you pointed out the lack of counterclaim evidence he provides for some of his points. Some of the things he says are obvious and well-known, but topics such as GMOs not being dangerous and organic food not being better really show his stubbornness. I think he did a good job overall though educating the average person, which is the target audience. Good review, very descriptive!
EvaDar
Currently Reading:

Post by EvaDar »

Polgesteirg wrote: 08 Mar 2018, 18:54 I like that you pointed out the lack of counterclaim evidence he provides for some of his points. Some of the things he says are obvious and well-known, but topics such as GMOs not being dangerous and organic food not being better really show his stubbornness. I think he did a good job overall though educating the average person, which is the target audience. Good review, very descriptive!
Thanks so much for stopping by. I would definitely keep the book around as a reference, though I didn't like it as a read straight through. I think you are right that it will be useful for most people interested in health and wellness. Thanks again.
-Nayyirah Waheed
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

The fact that the book addresses problem of deceptive advertising and misinformation about health products and practice makes me want read it. Great review
EvaDar
Currently Reading:

Post by EvaDar »

Anthony__ wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 19:28 The fact that the book addresses problem of deceptive advertising and misinformation about health products and practice makes me want read it. Great review
Thank you for dropping by and sharing a comment.
-Nayyirah Waheed
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

What an incredible review. Am currently reading the book and I must say, it's an interesting book that enlightens one on healthy living. Thank you for your honest review.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

I also reviewed this book. It was very interesting and informative regarding health prescriptions and removing several misconceptions. Thanks for this awesome review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
EvaDar
Currently Reading:

Post by EvaDar »

Nerea wrote: 12 Jan 2019, 23:03 What an incredible review. Am currently reading the book and I must say, it's an interesting book that enlightens one on healthy living. Thank you for your honest review.
Yes, the book has some good advice as well as some problems. Thank you for dropping by!
-Nayyirah Waheed
EvaDar
Currently Reading:

Post by EvaDar »

Sarah Tariq wrote: 13 Jan 2019, 01:00 I also reviewed this book. It was very interesting and informative regarding health prescriptions and removing several misconceptions. Thanks for this awesome review.
I really appreciate you stopping by and sharing a comment. This was my very first review, and it is a bit long-winded!
-Nayyirah Waheed

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”