Review by kaylaolson35 -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kaylaolson35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylaolson35.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Review by kaylaolson35 -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by kaylaolson35 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The 11:05 Murders (Volume 2 of the Inspector Sheehan Mysteries) by Brian O'Hare is a thrilling mystery that takes place in Northern Ireland. I enjoyed it so much, I found myself reading faster and faster, anxious to turn another page. There is so much action with unexpected twists and turns you won't want to put the book down. So if you are looking for a book that you can read here and there, this is not the one for that. Put some time aside, because this book will have you wanting to know more and sitting on the edge of your seat the further you keep reading.

Detective Sergeant Denise Stewart turns in one of her fellow detectives for money laundering and receives a lot of backlash from other detectives in her unit. She receives a promotion and is transferred to Strandtown Police Department where she begins working under Inspector Jim Sheehan. She is extremely leery of her new co-workers because they are accepting and nice to her, which is contrary in the way she was treated at her previous unit.

The first homicide she reports to takes place on a Tuesday night at 11:05. She uncovers an obituary and a photo but is unsure what this could mean. Could anyone in the photo be linked to the murder? If so, how? Inspector Sheehan lets her run with it to find other clues or even possibly solve the crime. Before she gets a jump on the clues, another murder happens. Another Tuesday, another murder at 11:05. While they still do not know who the murderer is, and with different suspects now under the microscope, the only thing they know is the next intended victim. Will they be able to save him/her? Or will it be too late?

Then one of the detectives acquires a stalker, a secret informant, and opens the door to a crime committed 12 years ago, and the plot thickens. Who is being stalked? Why? Who is the secret informant and why are they giving all of this information? Brian O’Hare will have you guessing throughout the book. Just when you think you have it all figured out and you know who the killer is, he throws another curveball. When someone gets kidnapped, Inspector Sheehan has limited time and limited clues to find the kidnapper, the kidnapped, and the killer. Will he run out of time? Or will he be able to find all three before it’s too late?

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I thought this was an excellent book. I am extremely into murder mystery books but have to be lured in within the first few pages or I am not able to continue reading. This book kept me on the edge of my seat entirely and always kept me guessing.

The 11.05 Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like kaylaolson35's review? Post a comment saying so!
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

Thanks for your review - I read this book and rated it the same as you. I think that it was good at keeping you guessing.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Great review. Your writing reflects the good job the author did of creating and maintaining interest. Glad you enjoyed the book. Thanks.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”