Review by Hildah Mose -- Temptation Trials by B. Truly

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hildah Mose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hildah-mose.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Review by Hildah Mose -- Temptation Trials by B. Truly

Post by Hildah Mose »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Temptation Trials" by B. Truly.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Temptation trials, is an adult romance fiction written by B. Truly. It is the first book in the “temptation trials” series

After World War III, a new dictatorship regime arose that ruled over the whole world. In order to have law abiding citizens, they demanded obedience and cooperation from every citizen. The regime dictated the kind of music you could listen to, what programs to watch and whom to love. Infact they dictated on every aspect of a person’s life. Crime was not tolerated. Shindigs, dancing, drinking and such like activities could have a person imprisoned. The regime chose who you should marry and citizens were allowed to date until the age of twenty one, after which you are married off to your matched partner.

Cali Nasser and Stefani, the protagonists in the story, are living during this period. They fall in love with Kincade and Tobias respectively. This is after the two men save them from the regime enforcers who busted them at an illegal party. They try to supress their feelings of love for each other, to no avail. In order for the couples to have a chance of staying with each other, they decide to join the ‘temptation trials’, which is the only option available to them. If they manage to go through all the temptations presented to them, they get to marry their soul mates.

I absolutely loved the story. It is quite intriguing. I could barely put it down, but it unfortunately ends abruptly without any kind of closure. I also had a problem with how the story started. It was kind of weird how Kincade and Tobias meet Cali and Stefani in a party and within few hours of meeting, they tell them all about their secret resistance organization and take them to their headquarters, which is supposed to be a top secret.

Errors in this book are minimal. For instance, “He was ripped from me with nothing I could do”, “Are you mad me?” and such grammatical errors that can be solved with another round of proofreading. There is also use of so much American slang which might make it hard for people who aren’t familiar with them to read. But personally I had no problem with it.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars, because of the reasons I have mentioned above. I recommend this book for those who love a good romance story with love triangles and are into politics. The book is also purely for adults only because of the intense sexual content.

Temptation Trials
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Hildah Mose's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Nice review. It's good that there was a minimum of errors in this book. The story does sound intriguing, but the sexual content is too much for me. Thanks for your thoughts!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

Thanks for a great review. It is good that you have spotted some few grammatical errors which would be sorted out through another round of proofreading.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

I also had issues with the quick friendships and trust that formed between the guys and gals at the beginning of the novel. I'm glad you liked it, but I just couldn't get past all of the mistakes and grammatical errors.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Thanks for a well-balanced review. I've read the opening pages of this book but get a clearer impression of the context from your scene-setting. The author had an interesting idea about where reality TV could take us in a totalitarian future. It does indeed seem strange that the resistance would betray their secrets and headquarters quite so easily in a world like that!
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Hildah Mose
Currently Reading:

Post by Hildah Mose »

CommMayo wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 23:02 I also had issues with the quick friendships and trust that formed between the guys and gals at the beginning of the novel. I'm glad you liked it, but I just couldn't get past all of the mistakes and grammatical errors.
Thanks for passing by. I am always glad to hear from you. You are so insightful. At least we agree on something.
Hildah Mose
Currently Reading:

Post by Hildah Mose »

kandscreeley wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 11:52 Nice review. It's good that there was a minimum of errors in this book. The story does sound intriguing, but the sexual content is too much for me. Thanks for your thoughts!
You are welcome. Thank you for passing by. At least though on the sexual scenes, he tries to avoid too much detail. You might like it.
Hildah Mose
Currently Reading:

Post by Hildah Mose »

Paul78 wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 22:12 Thanks for a great review. It is good that you have spotted some few grammatical errors which would be sorted out through another round of proofreading.
Thanks too Paul.
Hildah Mose
Currently Reading:

Post by Hildah Mose »

ButterscotchCherrie wrote: 05 Jan 2018, 05:06 Thanks for a well-balanced review. I've read the opening pages of this book but get a clearer impression of the context from your scene-setting. The author had an interesting idea about where reality TV could take us in a totalitarian future. It does indeed seem strange that the resistance would betray their secrets and headquarters quite so easily in a world like that!
I was even actually scared for them. But nothing happened or nothing else was mentioned about the organization. I expected more from them but I guess it will be in part II. Thanks for your comment
Prof Brigid
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Prof Brigid »

You give a good historical and progression of the book.With your in depth review am better able to follow through .It is great that you also note the ending of the story is abrupt.

Bravo!
Hildah Mose
Currently Reading:

Post by Hildah Mose »

Prof Brigid wrote: 07 Jan 2018, 00:08 You give a good historical and progression of the book.With your in depth review am better able to follow through .It is great that you also note the ending of the story is abrupt.

Bravo!
Thanks for checking out the review. I am glad you loved it
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

Hi, Hildah Mose! I find this story as a dystopian Romeo and Juliet. It seems the powers-that-be are fond of reality TV and endorse voyeurism. It seems hard to reconcile that a dictatorship would offer a TV show that encourages disobedience. Or maybe I got it all wrong.

I do have parts one and two in my Kindle library and hope to satisfy my curiosity soon enough.

Hope to read more from you!
Hildah Mose
Currently Reading:

Post by Hildah Mose »

Miriam Molina wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 00:40 Hi, Hildah Mose! I find this story as a dystopian Romeo and Juliet. It seems the powers-that-be are fond of reality TV and endorse voyeurism. It seems hard to reconcile that a dictatorship would offer a TV show that encourages disobedience. Or maybe I got it all wrong.

I do have parts one and two in my Kindle library and hope to satisfy my curiosity soon enough.

Hope to read more from you!
You are absolutely right Miriam. The dictatorship intentionally aired disobedience in order to influence the larger public to do the same. I am yet to read part II but I'm certain you'll love it. Thanks for passing by.
Vincentsobera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Vincentsobera »

Nice reveiw.I have not read the book but at least i have a scope of it,i cant wait to look for it.Thanks Hildah
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

Nice review but I CANNOT dare to read such book like this. Hmmm, But I guess I will try this one, thanks for the review anyway. Doc heck mine as well, thanks.
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”