Review by dariosaguciojr -- And Then I Met Margaret

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dariosaguciojr
Favorite Book: Gringo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dariosaguciojr.html
Latest Review: Seven at Two Past Five by Tara Basi

Review by dariosaguciojr -- And Then I Met Margaret

Post by dariosaguciojr »

[Following is a volunteer review of "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

And Then I Met Margaret is a non-fictional book written by Rob White. A teacher, businessman, inspirational speaker and an author, Rob shares his personal experiences that taught him valuable lessons in life. Through this book, he tells his readers of his humble beginnings, his normal life, his ups and downs, and how he become successful in his endeavors. This book, And Then I Met Margaret will teach us, as well as inspire us to never give and to move forward in life.

This book starts by telling us the story of his childhood. Growing up in a town just like everyone else where almost everyone knows each other. Rob felt that he disappointed his father when he chose not to work in their town’s factory but rather go outside of their town find a future different from everyone. This decision made Rob see the world outside his town, discover things, and meet people that will ultimately change his life. In this book Rob will share those experiences to his readers hoping to make a difference in their lives.

And Then I Met Margaret was a book that everyone should read. The experiences he shared was something almost everyone find themselves to be in at some point in their life that’s why this book was easy to relate to. This book was so good that from the moment I started reading I wasn't able to stop. In fact I was so absorbed in the book that I always lost track of time. This book will keep you drawn into it for hours not just because of the story but also because of the valuable lessons Rob White wanted to convey to us. This book was not trying to force you to do things the writer’s way but rather show you how he coincidentally met people that taught him lessons in the least expected ways and how those lessons helped him overcome obstacles that has gone his way. The most memorable part of this book that I will always remember was the part when Rob almost gave up when he became unsuccessful in one project. He almost lost all his money but what changed his mind was what a mother told his son, “Are you going to let one wave decide for you if you’re surfing days are over? That’s part of the thrill. And that’s when you have to decide to get back on board and try again. What’s it gonna be for you?” Those words left a deep impact on me which made me thankful that I was able to come across this book.

This book tells different story in every chapter. It doesn't have the story flow just like what I’m normally used to reading, but despite that I can say that this book is one of the best I've read. If I have to point out something I don’t like about it that would be I wanted to read more. I felt that this book is kind of short. Once I got to the last page I kept looking for more chapters but unfortunately it’s over. Reading this book changed my view in life that is why I felt sad when I’m done reading, I just wanted to read more.

And Then I Met Margaret is a short 188 pages book, but its lessons and values are abundant. Teenagers, young adults, and adults should have a copy of this one because this book will help you in your decisions in life maybe not today but definitely tomorrow. Reading this is definitely not a waste of time that’s why I’m going to give this a rate of 4 out of 4 stars. I hope that this book will make a positive impact to the future readers as what it has done to me.

And Then I Met Margaret
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like dariosaguciojr's review? Post a comment saying so!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Nice review. You highlight that the book will have something for everyone. Glad you enjoyed it so well.
KFree_Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfree-reads.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by KFree_Reads »

Great review! It certainly was not a waste of time reading this book. I thoroughly enjoyed it! So happy others did too.
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

I enjoyed reading your review. You have fully captured all of the strengths of this book. It sounds like you really loved the storytelling. I got stuck in a couple of things, but I really did enjoy the author's storytelling ability and how the chapters were structured. Thanks for the great review.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
melody143
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by melody143 »

So nice review.i love to read more.i enjoy read this book.glad u share this free book with us.
raekelly11
Currently Reading: The 11.05 Murders
Bookshelf Size: 36

Post by raekelly11 »

Your review has made me want to read this book. It sounds like the storytelling is captivating and you came away with moral or emotional changes after reading the stories. That is probably the ultimate compliment one can give to another's life events. We share our intimate stories to connect with others, to form a bond and hopefully the other walks away with a new understanding within themselves and feeling of " I am not alone ".

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”