Review by BookHausJ -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Re: Review by BookHausJ -- And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Mercelle »

I'm almost done reading this book. That part about cheating on the English Literature test was enjoyable.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

Mercy Bolo wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 05:54 I'm almost done reading this book. That part about cheating on the English Literature test was enjoyable.
That's correct! It's about doing good or bad thing. Normally in college there is a saying, "It's better to cheat that to repeat." It's a choice. Thank you Mercy!
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

I enjoyed your review. I also had an executioner as a professor and I must admit that I did have my boyfriend at the time do some of my homework and projects for me. I guess I would have felt worse if I wasn't just taking the class pass/fail while taking a full load of other graduate classes! Perhaps I have more in common with the author than I initially thought.
BookHausJ

Post by BookHausJ »

CommMayo wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 15:51 I enjoyed your review. I also had an executioner as a professor and I must admit that I did have my boyfriend at the time do some of my homework and projects for me. I guess I would have felt worse if I wasn't just taking the class pass/fail while taking a full load of other graduate classes! Perhaps I have more in common with the author than I initially thought.
Thank you CommMayo! Lucky is Bob White, the so called "Executioner" really knows how to handle situations like that. Some students really suffered the consequence.
HouseOfAtticus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houseofatticus.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by HouseOfAtticus »

I am more and more inclined to read this book. Thank you for this delightful review.
BookHausJ

Post by BookHausJ »

HouseOfAtticus wrote: 13 Jan 2018, 00:40 I am more and more inclined to read this book. Thank you for this delightful review.
Thank you HouseOfAtticus. Hope you could find time to read this book.
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

BookHausJ wrote: 29 Dec 2017, 04:25
The writing style of the author made this book more interesting because at the end of every chapter he expound the “Myth” he believed in and the “Reality he discovered.” It makes every chapter contain in this book more logical. I agree with the author when he said, “Stand for what you believe, and you have the power to persist.” Because to succeed in the game of life, is not a matter of starting it, but a matter of finishing it. When I read this book I can relate because during early age of my life the most popular topic of most of my friends is to graduate from High School. Get their Graduate Certificate or Diploma and go abroad and find their luck. If this not happened, then work for the factory. It has never in their mind a topic about entering college. Because what they believe is work early to support the family.
Thanks for the great review. I really did like the author's writing style and the way the book was organized. I didn't like the book quite as much as you did, but I appreciated many aspects. I hope you will check out my review. onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-darrington.html. Thank you.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed
BookHausJ

Post by BookHausJ »

Eva Darrington wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 20:22

Thanks for the great review. I really did like the author's writing style and the way the book was organized. I didn't like the book quite as much as you did, but I appreciated many aspects. I hope you will check out my review. onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-darrington.html. Thank you.
Sure Eva Darrington! Looking forward to read your reviews. Thanks for your comment.
daratega11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daratega11.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by daratega11 »

Thanks for this review. I love the book too.
OmoEko
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by OmoEko »

The review is a foretaste of the book as an interesting read, and honestly, I'm more interested in reading the book than offering a review. Yes, I understand the importance of doing a review and would be happy to do both - the reading and the review.
vinodsai
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 299

Post by vinodsai »

Love to learn more about concepts like spiritual guidance or inspirational lessons. Every day a new opportunity lets you learn something that you can apply and improve yourself as a person. Thanks for your review.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

I appreciate how you were able to expound on the messages given by the author in this book. You were able to relate your experiences to what the author put forward. Good review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”