Review by Singer -- My Trip to Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Philip Chepsingil
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-philip-chepsingil.html
Latest Review: Ana by Gary Hope

Review by Singer -- My Trip to Adele

Post by Philip Chepsingil »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My trip to Adele authored by R.I. Alyaseer and A.I. Alyaseer is an interesting book centred on the Music of the Renowned British artist Adele. The themes of her Music has been made to fit the different situations of the three main characters of this book. In these situations, these characters have used the Adele songs as entertainment in their happy moments, as consolation in their desperate moments, and even as a solution to their difficult present situations. In short, Adele songs were their life companion. The story is narrated in 1st person perspective alternating from one main character to another of the three main characters in the different setting. All are lovers of Adele songs and aimed to attend Adele concert which was to be in Verona, Italy.

Elias, one of the main characters, went through difficulties searching for his long-lost lover Malika whom he had met in Marrakesh, Morocco eight years earlier. The long search was successful after meeting her in the concert at Verona Italy only to leave her without saying, “Bye!”
Nadia, the second main character and a resident of Amman, Jordan explains about her experiences as a woman in a society where women rights are undermined. Her difficult marriage life ended in a divorce. Her later life as a single mother made her cherish the company of her only son. Her love for her son made her promise to take him to Verona for Adele Concert as a birthday gift. He plans ended in vain after her ex-husband denied her son to travel abroad with her despite sacrificing a lot of time including jeopardizing her job when planning for the trip.

Yaser, also, another main character, a surgical doctor in Las Vegas, USA highlights his eight-year difficult marriage life with his wife Mariam. In a bid to salvage, their breaking marriage, they decided to find the best moments of their married life. After much struggle, they settled at Adele concert, they had made an agreement as life partners eight years earlier at an Adele concert. They planned to travel to Verona, Italy for the Adele Concert which was coming to remember the happy moments in order to give life to their dying love in marriage.

The authors put these three stories together in an interesting manner that captivates the reader. I enjoyed reading this story. Some sections are very interesting especially, the Elias part with his lover Malika at Marrakesh and at Moulay Brahim in Morocco. I also liked the way in which the authors have brought out different themes in the book which include: Marriage problems, Gender issues in the society, among others.

The only thing I didn’t like in this book is the alternating chapters with different plots. It took me time to understand that there were different characters in different plots building one story. Once I realized, I had to go back a bit and scan through the stories which were well knit together towards the end. The book was well edited. In general, I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is a very interesting book especially for those who love Adele Songs.

My Trip to Adele
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Singer's review? Post a comment saying so!
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

So this book is about Adele! Kind of. I had wondered, but I wasn't sure if it was specifically about the singer, though I suppose inspired by is perhaps a better word for it now that I've read your review. It definitely sounds a lot more interesting than I had originally thought it might be. Thanks for your review.
HouseOfAtticus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houseofatticus.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by HouseOfAtticus »

I am currently reading this book, and I must say I love it. Thank you for this review, I found it delightful.
Philip Chepsingil
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:

SPasciuti wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 17:51 So this book is about Adele! Kind of. I had wondered, but I wasn't sure if it was specifically about the singer, though I suppose inspired by is perhaps a better word for it now that I've read your review. It definitely sounds a lot more interesting than I had originally thought it might be. Thanks for your review.
Yes, this book has much information about Adele (singer) as the characters are portrayed to love her songs. The lyrics of Adele's songs are all over the book.
Philip Chepsingil
Currently Reading:

HouseOfAtticus wrote: 13 Jan 2018, 00:42 I am currently reading this book, and I must say I love it. Thank you for this review, I found it delightful.
Thanks! The book is indeed interesting. Especially if you understood the shifting plot very well.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

It's interesting how you point out that you had to go back to previous chapters to remember what each character was doing and what was their story line. I found myself doing the same thing. But like you, I still enjoyed the book very much. A very creative idea for a book. Nice review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”