Review by Sarah Tariq -- The Hidden City of Chelldrah-ha...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Review by Sarah Tariq -- The Hidden City of Chelldrah-ha...

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Hidden City of Chelldrah-ham: Belas Rift (Volume 3)" by Stephan von Clinkerhoffen.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you visited Chelldrah-ham? If no, then this book will introduce you to this fantasy world. The hidden city of Chelldrah-ham: Bales Rift (Volume 3) is a science fiction, fast paced story by Stephan Von Clinkerhoffen. The story is full of suspense and thrill. It connects the reader to the fantasy world of Challdrah-ham (Polandrea) and it’s out of the world characters who are allowed to be centuries old.

This thrilling story starts with the adventurous mission of Stig and Meg from their rich Motherland (polandrea) to the earth. During their journey, they reach 21st century England, where they discover many new things, historic places and legends. Their mission is to take revenge from the evil human Anet (human scientist) to stop her from destroying the motherland and take back pylons. This human Anet came to their planet to gather gold and silver and spread much destruction there. Her mission is to eradicate all life of this wealthy planet for her personal gains. On Earth Stig & Meg finds their planet-mate Nobby. He offers his help to stop evil Anet from her heinous design. Stig, Meg, Rubbie and Reminose pledge to save the planet from this human Anet at every cost. This adventurous story takes you from one rift to another rift.

The Bales Rift contains the element of surprise and suspense. The author shares many enjoying sentiments of this heavenly creature, while exploring new things on earth like “Blackberry cell,” “tree,” “vegetables.” Stig and Meg interestingly apply a letter before the start of every word like “tinternet” and “btree.” Throughout their journey they discover new things with amazement.

Initially the story was a bit vague, mainly because it was volume 3 of the book and I had not read the previous books of this series. But as long as I continued reading the story I found it interesting. The author presents a vivid description of scenes which make the story colorful, especially the way, the author portrays the “Chamber of light” takes you in the fantasy world. Its cover title was very appealing and beautiful, truly reflects the fantasy world of chelldrah-ham. Indeed, it was the cover which compelled me to select this book.

If we see the positive side of this book, the current volume 3 of Bales Rift is the most appropriate sequel of the preceding two books. This fast paced story keeps you involved for every subsequent adventure of Stig and Meg. Their invincible nature continuously maintains the element of surprise for the readers. Colorful illustrations make this book more charming. When we move to the negative aspects, there were few typos which could be corrected by proper editing. There were some excessive details which make the story annoying at some places despite its fast paced nature.

On the whole, I like the book and rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend it to both young and adult readers, because this blithesome story contains the source of enjoyment for both. Such fantasy stories keep you relaxed from the mundane pursuits for a while.

The Hidden City of Chelldrah-ham: Belas Rift (Volume 3)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sarah Tariq's review? Post a comment saying so!
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

Hmmm, as I look at the picture, it is appealing to me. I will this one as well. Nice review, I see that this book is full of adventure. Do check mine as well. Thanks.
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

It seems the author is fond of using complicated names to match his own haha. I would want to get lost in this enchanting world and join Stig and Meg in their adventures. You obviously enjoyed the escape from mundane pursuits.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Miriam Molina wrote: 31 Dec 2017, 05:02 It seems the author is fond of using complicated names to match his own haha.
Yep, I thought, "Is that his real name?"

The depiction of Chelldrah-ham on the cover is indeed beautiful. The idea of non-humans visiting the earth is an interesting one. Glad you enjoyed the adventure.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

ButterscotchCherrie wrote: 31 Dec 2017, 15:49
Miriam Molina wrote: 31 Dec 2017, 05:02 It seems the author is fond of using complicated names to match his own haha.
Yep, I thought, "Is that his real name?"

The depiction of Chelldrah-ham on the cover is indeed beautiful. The idea of non-humans visiting the earth is an interesting one. Glad you enjoyed the adventure.
Yes, I agree with you people. The author has used many complicated name, but I really enjoyed it. 😃

📕📖📰📓📕
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

It's fun to imagine strangers on earth exploring the things we're already so used to like trees, vegetables and the blackberry cell, seeing them as 'new'. Glad you enjoyed the book. Thanks for the interesting review.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

Lovely review. For me to fully enjoy the adventures of Stig and Meg, it would be better to begin from volume 1.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

Interesting review. I'd like to read this suspenseful sci-fi novel. I can see it's full of adventures.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Rosemary Wright wrote: 09 Jan 2018, 16:43 Interesting review. I'd like to read this suspenseful sci-fi novel. I can see it's full of adventures.
Thanks, you would surely like it.

📕📖📰📓📕
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Mercy Bolo wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 14:31 Lovely review. For me to fully enjoy the adventures of Stig and Meg, it would be better to begin from volume 1.
You are welcome, thanks for your feedback.

📕📖📰📓📕
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

pinklover wrote: 28 Dec 2017, 06:52 Hmmm, as I look at the picture, it is appealing to me. I will this one as well. Nice review, I see that this book is full of adventure. Do check mine as well. Thanks.
Thanks for your comments.

📕📖📰📓📕
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

This sounds confusing. I think I would need to read the ones that came before it.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

teacherjh wrote: 18 May 2018, 20:20 This sounds confusing. I think I would need to read the ones that came before it.
If you feel confused than you should read the previous books of this series. The book is an interesting one. Thanks for your feedback.

📕📖📰📓📕
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Vickie Noel wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 13:00 It's fun to imagine strangers on earth exploring the things we're already so used to like trees, vegetables and the blackberry cell, seeing them as 'new'. Glad you enjoyed the book. Thanks for the interesting review.
Thanks for your feedback, Vickie! It was really a fun book.

📕📖📰📓📕

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”