Review by Dana G -- Trip to Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dana G
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-g.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Review by Dana G -- Trip to Adele

Post by Dana G »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Trip to Adele" by R I Alyaseer and A I Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My trip to Adele by R.I. Alyaseer and A.I. Alyaseer is a romantic story that happened in El-Fanaa square of Marrakesh it’s also a story of married couple who are struggling to recapture the love they once had plus it tells a tell of divorced strong women who is trying to defy gravity. Living in Amman, Jordan, Nadia is a divorced woman who is also a single mother trying to fight for her freedom when she’s being considered rude and someone who has no respect for her culture. Elias on the other hand traveled to Morocco trying to find his long-lost love with a local girl he met when he was visiting his home town. Half way around the world in Vegas Yasir and his wife Meriam are having troubles finding the reason why they were married in the first place. An assignment from their marriage counselor made them dig very deep to the memories they once shared when they were love birds.

Elias made a promise to meet his love on an Adele concert assuring her there will be one even if it might take long to happen. Nadia has also made a promise to take her son to the concert as his birthday gift and Mr Yasir was trying his best to connect with his feelings to his wife and decided to take her to the concert hoping to revive a pleasant memory of their togetherness. The paths they go to make these promises happen are challenging and tiring as the same time interesting.

The book takes the reader on a wonderful journey of life, love, hate, hope and loss. It created beautiful stories making Adele’s songs a theme. The fact that every story was written with first person’s point of view makes it different from any other book I’ve read so far. But at the same time, it gets confusing when it continues from one chapter to another. At the same time the flow of the story and the concluding of every scenario was well organized.

In this book love is described as something that is temporary. A thing that would wear off like an infection. When the circumstance changes the feeling changes. I feel like the writers are tired of fairytales and decided to capture the sad and negative part of it. I don’t think that’s all there is to it so I don’t agree with how it ended.

All in all, I’m rating My trip to Adele by R.I. Alyaseer and A.I. Alyaseer 3 out of 4. Other than some typos I found and the not so agreeable endings, it is a good book. Those of you who love Adele and out of the usual love stories I recommend you to read it.

Trip to Adele
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Dana G's review? Post a comment saying so!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Nice review. I love your description of love in the book as something that wear off like an infection. All of the characters had problems. Maybe the authors can write a second book about happy relationships! Great writing. Thanks.
Dana G
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-g.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Dana G »

You are right. @kdstrack. All of them hd problems. But who said all problems end negatively. They should really write a book with a happy ending love story.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”