Review by Kadzo mae -- Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kadzo mae
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 68272">The Everett Exorcism</a>
Currently Reading: The Hunted
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kadzo-mae.html
Latest Review: "Sigfried&rsquo;s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley

Review by Kadzo mae -- Sigfried&rsquo;s Smelly Socks!

Post by Kadzo mae »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sigfried's Smelly Socksis a children's book written and illustrated by Len Foley. The illustrations are colourful and appealing to the eye and tell the story in their own right. The only criticism which I have is that the font is a little on the small side and that can be off putting to young readers.

It is a book which many parents will enjoy reading to their young children.and one which I think the children will want reading over and over again. II, myself, can imagine reading it to my four year old grandson and hearing his giggles at the story. The content is very humorous and I found myself having a chuckle as I recalled such events as described in the story happening in the past when my own children were young.

Sigfried is reading his book when he notices some funny smells which he presumes are coming from his book. He goes through a list of possibilities and scenarios as to what can be causing the problem and debating where could the smell have originated . We are introduced to other members of his family as he delightfully describes the possibilities of their involvement in the odours, only to discover that the smell is not coming from his book but from what lies lurking underneath his bed. His novel solution to dealing with the problem and cleaning up the mess will leave a lot of parents hoping that their children do not follow suit.

I am sure that non readers will get a lot of pleasure from this book and be able to follow this story through the array of illustrations in each page. The book can also be used as a teaching aid to enable children to recognise everyday items as the reader can engage them in finding and identifying objects which in turn will help develop their vocabulary.

I believe this book will appeal to readers of all ages who are interested in reading to young children and also to children up to the age of around 10/11 who like to read for themselves. I hope that the author might consider changing the font size but even without doing that it's still a very good book.

I have rated this book 4 out of 4 stars because of the quality of editing, the well thought out illustrations, the topical content of the story and it's relativity to the target audience. I'm sure that this book will feature in my list of things to buy for my grandchildren and other young members of my family

Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kadzo mae's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Sigfried&rsquo;s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

Cheers to you. I love this book, it is full of fun and yucky imagination, I almost vomit on it but still I enjoy. Thanks to you. Do check mine as well. Thanks.
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

The author has done a good job when he can touch your memory and bring back things from your own childhood. Hope you have a chance to share the book with you grandson, and that he enjoys it as much as you did! Nice job.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”