Review by Jeff Caceres -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeff Caceres
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-caceres.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD

Review by Jeff Caceres -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

Post by Jeff Caceres »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I would like to give my honest review about Dr. Morton E. Tavel's book known as Health Tips, Myths and Tricks - A Physician's Guide.

This book is around 300 pages. I have downloaded it a few months ago and I didn't have time to write a review because of my heavy work. To be honest, I'm a guy who isn't feeling healthy at all. I've been suffering anxiety and panic attacks since 2011, but I've managed to overcome them. However, it's not enough for me to say that I'm healthy. I'm a bit overweight, eating and drinking some sweets too often, no to little exercise, and having some problems in my nerves that causes non-stop twitching in my muscles all over my body.

I'm also eating processed foods such as sardines, corned beef, and so on. I'm kind of addicted to eating processed foods, and this book teaches me how to reduce the amount of eating those. I'm also guilty in skipping meals so many times for months, like skipping breakfast because I want to lose some weight and it did. However, I just realized that it's not a good way for me to stay healthy by just skipping meals. Instead, I should avoid eating if I'm not really hungry.

I've also had some stressful days because of heavy work. As a result, I always have lack of sleep in an average of 4 to 6 hours a day. As what I've read in Chapter 29: Sleep Nice Or Pay The Price, it's not healthy for us to sleep less than 7 to 9 hours. However, it's also not healthy to oversleep. It's something that I need for a long while because of some non-stop heavy assignments that I am doing until now. It results for me to have continuous anxiety and panic attacks for years.

Even the nutritional supplements that I'm taking are not helping that much because my lack of sleep is always the issue. I thank the author for educating us about the importance of quality sleep. I give credit to this book for helping me adjust and reorganize myself for me to sleep well every night.

Overall, this book covers all aspects of the health of what to do and what not to do in our daily lives. I liked what Dr. Morton E. Tavel had prepared for all of us to give importance to our health. I find this very useful and would like to read it again if I have the time.

I would like to give this book an honest rating of 3 out of 4 stars, which is good. The author is doing a great job in putting this together, especially those who are health-conscious or suffering from any disease for a long time. I'll recommend this book to my friends who are health-conscious or suffering from any disease. It's worth reading this book.

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Jeff Caceres's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

This book seems just the thing you are looking for. The author has a chapter dedicated to many of the health issues you mention. Hope the suggestions in this book work for you.
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

Thanks for the review. It sounds like you really benefitted from this book. That is so great. I also thought there was great information with good sources in the book.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”