Review by Liquid_canvas -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Liquid_canvas
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liquid-canvas.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD

Review by Liquid_canvas -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

Post by Liquid_canvas »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E. Tavel, M.D. is a full breakdown of medical truths in answer to myths or misconceptions as it relates to one’s health, well being and the means to become healthy. This books touches on every topic relevant to being healthy or knowing what tricks companies can use to lead us to believe they have our best interest at heart. It focuses on the truth about many things we have long believed would assist with us being healthy (multivitamins), trends (gluten vs. gluten free) and myths (energy drinks).

Dr. Tavel used a conversational tone throughout the book, this helps with some of the medical jargon and heavy research material. His tone is quite humorous and frank; I had many moments just laughing at the way he decided to express his thoughts or research findings. The book was edited very well; it has short chapters that allow the reader to just focus on the facts presented on a particular subject matter without feeling over whelmed.

This book took me a longer time to read because it has so much information that requires application. While reading I have had many ‘ah ah’ moments where I had to run to the kitchen and remove food items I thought loved me as much as I loved them. Some of the information we have known all our lives(exercise is the best way to lose weight) but our focus on fast results have torn us away from the processes that would promote the results we all want; health, balance and to stay clear of ‘snake oil’.

My favorite thing about this book is how I felt reading it. I could relate to all the topics, all the information was relevant and quite frankly I completed it feeling a sense of what I need to change and what myths I need to stay clear of. The information on gluten, organic foods and how processors can label something 0g when it does in fact contain that item was all eye opening. The section on snake oil was very enlightening; with detoxifying being a favorite. The only negative throughout this book is the fact that it is a book that one needs to read very slowly. Truthfully that isn’t really a negative unless like me you are reading it with a time in mind.

I would rate Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks 4 out of 4 stars. I believe that this is a great addition to even a non-readers library. We are all very aware of the our health and our families health these days and it is with that in mind that we look out for the healthy products, or we listen to ‘wisdom’ or the persons/celebrities that we trust. I would recommend finding facts based in research so that a genuine understanding of what is can be achieved. Get a copy and keep it you will have no regrets only benefits can be had from owning this piece of work.

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Liquid_canvas's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

hmmm, this book is a source of healthy tips. Thanks for reviewing this book. I will read this one as well. Nice review and nice try. Thanks to you, DO check mine as well. Thanks.
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Great review. I like how you shared that the information in the book motivated you to actually go to your kitchen and do some housecleaning. The author's information really helped! Nice job.
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

Great review. Like you, I appreciated the section on tricks. Lots of good information. Well-researched. I did have a problem with the author's complete condemnation of alternative medicine. I thought that was pretty out of touch. But, many good aspects as well. Thanks for the great review.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”