Review by MaryDelaRosa30 -- My Trip to Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MaryDelaRosa30
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marydelarosa30.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Review by MaryDelaRosa30 -- My Trip to Adele

Post by MaryDelaRosa30 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

There is always that unique bond between a book and a reader, one that seems unreal once you journey into the world of the protagonist, well protagonists rather. My Trip to Adele by A.I.Alyaseer and R.I.Alyaseer introduces three different characters from three different countries and cultural backgrounds, although their many differences, the only thread connecting all three characters is Adele.

Elias is a Moroccan man living in Rome. The thoughts of a woman he met back in Morocco still haunts him for years on end. There seemed to be an enigma as to why they were separated and had a thought that maybe black magic was a big piece of this puzzle.

On the other side of the world, in the city of Las Vegas, a couple named Yaser and Miriam, were unfortunately trapped in an unhappy marriage of 8 years. Divorce was not an option for the couple, since their religious backgrounds did not approve of it, but not even marriage counseling could do much in their attempts to bring back the sparks in their bond as husband and wife. Yaser is hoping that Adele’s upcoming concert in Verona will be able to revive their lost love.

Nadia is a strong and independent woman living as a single parent with her ten-year-old son in Jordan. She has bought tickets to Adele’s concert, as a birthday gift for her son Waleed, for they absolutely adore the singer. The book also reveals the endless struggles she faces with her ex-husband after winning lawsuits on their divorce and custody of their child.

In each chapter you take a glimpse of what story each character has to tell, how each presents the title of Adele’s songs, which relates or resonates to the contents of the chapter and how at every end of it you will find a portion of the song’s lyrics as it expresses the emotions of the character. This is the kind of book where you will always be sitting on the edge of your seat, wondering what could be happening next for the characters, and that it gives you this unsettling feeling every time you enter a new chapter. My favorite thing about this novel was how real the characters’ feelings were and their situations, although we might not realize it but there are people, as real as we are, who have situations like these and sometimes our decisions aren’t always the right ones. Yaser questioning his faith because as much as we don’t like admit it, we have gone through that road, not once, not twice nor thrice but many times. Elias who is holding on to the memory of the person whom he felt is important to him no matter how long the years were and Nadia gripping on to what she believes in, that she knows she is capable of doing things on her own and is capable of doing so much more on her own even though she is a woman and how the men in this story is only underestimating her potential.

With that, I rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars, I really did enjoy the story but I would only rate it a perfect 4 out of 4 stars if it totally blew my mind and no other book will ever surpass it. The book in fact, makes you feel what the characters feel, all from the worst pain to the moments of bliss, as if you were living the lives of the characters all along. There were some typos and missing words since this wasn't professionally edited but I liked how they wrote it in first person so the book can be easily read. Some of the dialogues were too simple and didn’t express a type of emotion or meaning behind it but this was also only translated to English. They still did a great job in translating the book or I wouldn’t even find this book as captivating as I feel it is now. I would 100% suggest this book to anyone who loves Adele, even if you just know the popular songs like I do, you will fall in love with it I promise and anyone who has faced the raw challenges of life by clinging on to one of the things we love the most, music.

My Trip to Adele
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like MaryDelaRosa30's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Great description of the book. Your comments about the three different situations is very interesting and well written. Your suggestions are also encouraging. Nice job.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”