Review by darienfunk -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
darienfunk
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darienfunk.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Review by darienfunk -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by darienfunk »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A complex, murderous assailant has taken justice into their own hands leaving Detective Denise Stewart and her new teammates at the Strandtown Police Station to track the terrifying vigilante. The team has only a couple of decade old emails, pictures and a time stamp of Tuesdays at 11:05pm available to solve the growing number of murders. Things get complicated as the detectives get thrown in multiple directions trying to follow the clues as they appear.

The 11:05 Murders is my first experience with Brian O’Hare’s’ work and definitely will not be my last. His novel was fast paced, well developed and thoroughly enjoyable to read – in fact, I stayed up until 3:00am on the day I got the book just so I could finish it! As a mom of two who desperately needs her sleep – that is a compliment of the highest.

O’Hare wrote from the female perspective of Detective Stewart and did not disappoint. His portrayal of Stewart was realistic with every internal thought dialogue, conversation and sexist moments she endured. Stewart was relatable in every way and I was impressed at how well she came to life throughout the story.

What made this story so captivating was the amount of small details to pay attention to throughout the story. While our focus was on the murders and Detective Stewarts transition into her new role at the Strandtown Police Station we also got an in-depth look into the lives of the other characters without breaking stride. It brought the book, the police team and the story line all together to make your heart pound a little bit faster with each new twist for every character. The characters and relationships felt personable and true to life. O’Hare did a wonderful job of having each moment in the book be important and not take on the role of “filler” material. While writing about the nuances of police work could be difficult to make exciting – O’Hare did just that, right down to the meetings and small talk.

Full of twists, turns and surprises this book has plenty of plausible suspects to keep the reader guessing until the very end. O’Hare makes sure that you’ll keep turning pages until the end to figure out the truth for yourself! I give The 11:05 Murders by Brian O’Hare 4 out of 4 stars as you won’t be able to put it down. I highly recommend that any murder-mystery fan adds this book to their shelves!

The 11.05 Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like darienfunk's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Very nice description of the characters. It's amazing that you stayed up until you finished the book. Amazing compliment, indeed. Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”