Review by denie2019 -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
denie2019
Currently Reading: The Matriarch Saved
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-denie2019.html
Latest Review: Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

Review by denie2019 -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by denie2019 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The 11.05 Murders is a great crime/mystery/suspense novel by Brian O’Hare. The title of the book is self explanatory as the book focuses on solving the case of three murders that were committed at 11.05. The title is great for the book because once you read it you want to know why they were committed at that time, how they were committed and the motive behind them.

I enjoyed reading this novel because O’Hare described the scene in such a way that I was able to picture each scene. The fact that the first scene in the book had happened twelve years earlier only made the book more interesting because throughout the first few chapters I kept wondering how that first scene and the crimes committed over a decade later were connected, and who the culprit was. The book is a great suspense novel because each time you think you have a clue or an answer you actually end up with more questions.

I also loved this book because of the main character, Chief Inspector Sheehan. The character was smart and strong and the interactions between him and Sergeant Stewart were thought provoking and very enjoyable. Sergeant Stewart, the main female character in the book was fairly new to the job and she managed to bring a fresh perspective to figuring out the various clues that were throughout the story.

Through the Sergeant Stewart character, O’Hare is able to explore the issue of harassment of women in the workplace. He shows that although Sergeant Stewart was harassed at her previous job, she enjoyed her work more when she joined Chief Inspector Sheehan’s team which had coworkers who respect and supported her. The book also has strong supporting characters that make you think they must be the good guys one minute, and then they will suddenly do something that makes you feel so sure that they are the culprit which makes for great reading.

I am giving this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars because it had a great story-line, excellent grammar and strong characters. O’Hare kept me intrigued and absorbed from beginning to end because each time I thought the book was going to go a certain way, an unexpected twist was revealed. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves crime novels, and even to people who do not usually read anything along these lines. This book, however, is not the book for the faint at heart because some of the crime scenes have gory details. Overall, The 11.05 Murders is a great and enjoyable read, and you will not regret picking it up.

The 11.05 Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like denie2019's review? Post a comment saying so!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I like your comments on how the title of the book creates suspense. I also liked Inspector Sheehan but it seemed like he took a back seat until almost the end of the book. Denise seemed to be front and center in this story. Nice review.
denie2019
Currently Reading: The Matriarch Saved
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-denie2019.html
Latest Review: Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

Post by denie2019 »

Thank you for your comments.You're right about Denise being the front and centre of the story but what I liked about Inspector Sheehan is that he had his own moments of brilliance which made us see why he was the best character to lead the team.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”