Review by Nathalia_Carphan -- The Last City of America

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nathalia_Carphan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathalia-carphan.html
Latest Review: "The Last City of America" by Matthew Tysz

Review by Nathalia_Carphan -- The Last City of America

Post by Nathalia_Carphan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Last City of America" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

" The Last City of America" by "Matthew Tysz" is an action packed story about people who went through the apocalypse of Hephaestus, a deadly virus that sweeps across the world. This disease has wiped out the majority of the human population due to its terrible symptoms and has only left seven cities standing. These cities are called The Seven Cities of America and they are the last of the civilized population. In this book the characters are fighting the result of the Hephaestus virus and each other. With mass murders and war, will the last pieces of civilization prevail.

I really enjoyed this book despite some grammatical errors scattered around. The plot was great and well thought out.I enjoyed the all of the action and the well thought out plot. For me its been rare to find a book with both. Matthew Tysz also described the characters very well, no one was left out not even the most minor of characters, you knew what everyone looked like down to finger nail color. Matthew Tysz also knew how to get the feel of every character using third person.

I would not recommend this to people under the age of 14 due to the foul language used by some of the characters. Nor would I recommend this book to people who are more interested in the action than the drama, because there is a lot of drama in this book. Although, I would recommend this book to a person who likes action, drama, and never wants a book to end. If that is in your category then this is definitely the book for you. This is 655 pages of utter drama and betrayal to the highest, caste systems mean nothing in this, because the lowest can rise and the highest can fall. In this book you have to expect the unexpected.

There were no spelling errors, that I found, but there were a few grammatical errors.These grammatical errors consisted of:
  • Repeating the same phrase twice
    Not having the words in the right order
    And not using a conjunction when needed.
If these were fixed then this would be my ideal book.

In conclusion, I give this book a 3 out of 4 star rating. This rating is based on the fact that he had a great plot line but a few grammatical errors that could have easily been fixed if they had been thorough. I would definitely recommend reading this book, but after it gets some work done, because its a good book but the grammatical errors mess up the great plot line.

The Last City of America
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Nathalia_Carphan's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "The Last City of America" by Matthew Tysz
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

This is quite a long read at 655 pages. I am intrigued by the plot and am curious as to the fate of the remaining US population. (I wonder too about the rest of the world.) But I don't think I'll have the patience to wade through grammatically-challenged material that long.

Thank you for holding on and sharing with us your thoughtful review, Nathalia_Carphan.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”