Review by David_92 -- Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
David_92
Currently Reading: Ronaldo: Rudi's Birthday Extravaganza
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-92.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Review by David_92 -- Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Post by David_92 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heaven and Earth

Author: Arturo Riojas (Holds four engineering degrees, two in Chemical engineering and two in civil engineering with 35 years of experience in industries, consultation and academic set-up)

Book genre: Fictional, scientific and has some really insightful social thoughts.

Book Publisher: Xlibris, www.Xlibris.com

Book theme: ‘Heaven and Earth’ is a book that is dedicated to eradicating non-communicable diseases that are brought about by one being exposed to food, water, air and even objects that makes the human body to receive toxics and even heavy metals that come in small bits and accumulate with time thereby leading to cancer related illness, diabetes and other forms of mental disorders and at the same time explaining the social forces and politics that perpetuate this unhealthy living .

INTRODUCTION
The population of the world is continuously increasing and putting more pressure on finding solutions to for more food for all, better housing, and effective medication among other amenities that define better living for mankind and this comes the challenge of settling for quicker and cheaper economical aspects of production where the environment, water, air and food consumed by humans and animals have unfortunately become poisoned through use of fertilizers , water pipes , chicken feeds and industrial emissions that have high content of toxics and heavy metals like cadmium . Accumulation of cadmium in the human body leads to non-communicable diseases that brings pain and lowers the living standards of individuals who continuously seek a better and long life.

BODY
This is a book that takes your thoughts and imaginations through a series of scientific facts, fictional stories as well as social aspects that underpin the general well-being of society. As I read this book I was fascinated by the author’s explanation of mass control and corporate politics and how those in authority take advantage of the public’s lack of genuine information to create a world order that benefits a few rich people at the expense of the majority who are poor and unknowledgeable.

I liked the author’s ‘cause and effect ’ school of thought whereby I learnt that in most time people concentrate on the effect of a situation more and forget about the cause. Understanding the cause of something gives one the upper advantage to see the bigger picture and even be more creative in crafting solutions for the effect.

I have gained useful insights on shifting the discussion from mental illness to metallic illness after this book took me to a journey of understanding how heavy metals and toxics inform of cadmium that are found in certain foods and polluted air do play part in causing autism, attention deficit hyperactive disorder and violent criminal tendencies in individuals. Serious measures have to be taken to ensure that metallic causes of mental illnesses are addressed.

The book has very mind-blowing facts on how cadmium has enters our body system from the food that we eat , the air we breathe , the piped water we drink water and even tooth filling that we get from doctors which greatly exposes bodies to more cadmium intake (a major cause of diabetes and various forms of cancer).

The book caught my attention on the part where there is an argument among the characters used on what causes people to make certain decisions in life (is it because of circumstances or personal preferential choices?).The book further explains on how the availability of knowledge shapes the quality of one’s decision making.

This book stands out by mixing the art of storytelling with fiction and a little bit of cooperate and government politics to deliver to ensure the reader understands the health concept in a wholesome manner. The characters in this book are both humans and aliens which makes the storyline even more enticing.

This book has the best examples of how Governments and those in leadership do subvert the welfare of their people for selfish gains. For instance through the cooperate politics illustrations that is in this book you get to understand stages of how cooperates refuse to admit that their products cause a harmful effect to the environment or their customers by first denying to such claims, then lobbying by paying those in influential positions to favor their business interests and lastly by cutting down on their losses by migrating to market areas that have not identified any harmful issue with their production. Money is the business and not customer interest.

This book offers change-makers the advice of partnering with likeminded individuals so as to achieve their target easily and also to be able to form a network that will mount pressure to the relevant authorities that are supposed to facilitate change.

I would give this book 3 out of 4 and encourage social change –makers, medics, policy makers or any one with the desire to explore knowledge to grab this copy because of the cause and effect theory that has been well elaborated in different scenarios in this book and this will help the reader to be a good decision maker .

I would love to see more pictures and graphic illustrations in this book if possible.

CONCLUSION
This book clearly describes how our world system has leaders that we think have a vision for their subjects but in real sense our leaders are drunk with greed and the need to maintain power. One of the ideologies that this book has mentioned showing greed among our leaders is in phases whereby at first the leaders plot mechanisms to control masses, then extract resources from the masses and lastly maintain the power through corruption and propaganda. I strongly feel that positive change would come from the ordinary person when that ordinary person gets the knowledge and information in regards to the production of things, environment, nutrition and many other aspects of society so as to mount pressure to the influential government authorities to take the right action and stop the vicious cycle of corruption. I think that an informed and intellectual revolution among the ordinary citizens should be the next frontier.

Heaven and Earth
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like David_92's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

So, how do you motivate people to be informed? I like how you point out at the beginning that when the populace is not informed, the authorities take advantage of them to create a world that benefits the rich. Your remarks about the cadmium information were also helpful. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”