Review by BoyLazy -- Sigfried's Smelly Socks!

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Review by BoyLazy -- Sigfried's Smelly Socks!

Post by BoyLazy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! written by Len Foley promises to be a hilarious book for kids in the age group of 3-7 years and I assure you that it stands up to the promise. It is about a young boy's search for why his book smells so bad and the process of searching for the smell is shown in a very comic way. The creativity used in displaying this story is really amazing. It is true clean educational humor. There was a funny warning on the cover page saying that "Everyone says this book Stinks". I found it very clever and witty. The author has done a great job with his illustrations and storytelling, given the limited span of twenty-six pages.

Some of the illustrations were so real that I got a 5 dimensional experience. We could nearly smell the bad odor coming out of some parts of the book. Sigfried is really cute and very relatable. I am 29 years old and I loved it and found it funny. I was reminded of my childhood days and my old smelly socks that used be a mood-spoiler for my siblings. :x

The illustrations shown in the book are very different from the other books of this genre. It has a lot of full-page illustrations with great imagination and individuality. Some people may find a few moments as gross but I am not one of them as I like bathroom humor and find it cute. It was very yucky but amusing when in one of the pages, we found that her little sister had wiped her behind. I found it very adorable and funny. :lol:

The narration is short and uses rhyming words, so it could be easily read out to a kid. Some of the words used in the paragraphs like 'slobber', 'kraut', etc. were very difficult to understand even for me. In a way, if we look up for the words then there is something new to learn from it. :techie-studyingbrown:

It is a very large book with height - 10 inches and nearly equal width. So it may be difficult for kids to read from it by holding it in hands. It should be kept on a desk or on the floor while reading. On my mobile device it displays in landscape mode, which is really helpful to view the large images.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It deserves it completely. I was really impressed by this book and it left me with a smile and made my day wonderful. I would love to read more books from this author. I recommend this book to be read to the kids who are really naughty, witty and have a good sense of humor. They could relate to this book and it would inspire them to explore their surroundings much more.

Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like BoyLazy's review? Post a comment saying so!
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Of course, the book is very funny. It made me laugh. I had to see the dictionary too for the words you have mentioned. I would suggest you to see my other reviews too and provide feedbeck. I would appreciate it.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

Sarah Tariq wrote: 15 Dec 2017, 10:42 Of course, the book is very funny. It made me laugh. I had to see the dictionary too for the words you have mentioned. I would suggest you to see my other reviews too and provide feedbeck. I would appreciate it.
Thanks so much.. I had a laugh as well. I'll have a look.
Boy Lazy

Dystopiancitzn
Currently Reading: Of Captivity Kings
Bookshelf Size: 286
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dystopiancitzn.html
Latest Review: "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley

Post by Dystopiancitzn »

The book is so funny. Also, the illustrations are weird, yet so colorful and mesmerizing.
Latest Review: "Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!" by Len Foley
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

Dystopiancitzn wrote: 24 Dec 2017, 06:01 The book is so funny. Also, the illustrations are weird, yet so colorful and mesmerizing.
Yes I had a laugh. Loved the illustration 🤗
Boy Lazy

readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

Your're right! I laugh when I read it even if it feels so yucky. Everyone can relate on this book.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

readandsmile wrote: 25 Dec 2017, 03:15 Your're right! I laugh when I read it even if it feels so yucky. Everyone can relate on this book.
The yucky part is too cute. Can't stop but laugh 😂
Boy Lazy

Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

This is such a thorough review but I have a hunch that the moderator had pointed out your use of emoticons and gave you less score because of that. I am an emo girl too but I tried my hardest not to put even one of them in my reviews. Is my intuition right?
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

BoyLazy wrote: 13 Dec 2017, 01:13 Some of the illustrations were so real that I got a 5 dimensional experience. We could nearly smell the bad odor coming out of some parts of the book.
Ha! So true, the illustrations were great! I loved the mix of photo-realism and hand-drawn art!
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
Poornima
Currently Reading: Burn Zones
Bookshelf Size: 51

Post by Poornima »

The real illustrations made us feel like we were there..nice points that you have highlighted in your review :)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”