Review by cuevas240 -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
cuevas240
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cuevas240.html
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing

Review by cuevas240 -- Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Post by cuevas240 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I will be reviewing Heartaches by H.M. Irwing. This book is about a girl named Anna Simmons and an ex-soldier Rafe Brown. Anna and Rafe are both broken souls that are trying to find a way to get justice for all the injustices that they have lived through. Anna was deceived by people that she trusted and Rafe needs someone to help him get back to the real world after serving in the war. These two souls find in each other something that they didn’t even know they needed.

I really loved the storyline in this book. It flowed from one event to the next very well. It was very easy to follow along, it was almost effortless. I also really liked the balance the storyline had between the tragedies and the light, happy moments. The tragic moments in this novel were very intense and were very emotionally draining, but the light moments that were added in here and there really helped me get through the book. If Irwing did not add in these moments I would have been emotionally drained at the end.

One thing that I did not like was that Irwing did not warn the readers about the graphic content in the novel. I do not mind this kind of content personally, but I do know quite a few people who would have stopped reading the novel because of the graphic content. I think that a warning about this content at the beginning of the book would be very well received.

I did not spot too many grammar errors in the novel but here is a list of the few that I did notice.
1. Page 13, 4th paragraph: “…her panties was torn off…”
2. Page 24, 1st paragraph: “The she gasped in…”
3. Page 26, 4th paragraph: “…infinitesimally darker than her own.”
I did not notice any more typos, but I highly recommend getting it proofread by a professional.

In conclusion, this novel was great. I really enjoyed reading it, the story really took my mind into it. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I gave it this rating because it was a great read but there were a few typos that I noticed, and it does not warn the reader about the graphic sexual content that is in the book. This content can cause a person to feel uncomfortable because of the situation that the main character (Anna) is placed in. I recommend this book to anyone who does not mind this kind of sexual graphic content. :D

Heartaches
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like cuevas240's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”