Review by Sahani Nimandra -- Temptation Trials Part II

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Review by Sahani Nimandra -- Temptation Trials Part II

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Temptation Trials part 2 by B.Truly. Have you ever found yourself in a position where you are on a cross road not knowing which is the right one to choose from? After 6 weeks of separation, Cali and Stefani found themselves through turmoil of emotions facing their loved ones, not knowing what they are thinking or what their feeling about them were. Cali, “stuck between a rock and a hard place” torn between her choice for Cade and Zion. Cade, been her first love and her reasons for taking this trial was questioned from her, broken in between Zion who has been very understanding, caring and supportive through troubled times. Stefani, “of two minds…” wanting to make up with Tobias even though either of them betrayed themselves, ready to forgive and move on for the sake of he been her first love but also cares for her unborn child’s father Dominique who has been very patient with her.

The story unfolds as such; after been tossed and torn apart by their confrontation with Cade and Tobias, Cali is stuck not wanting to hurt both the men she love and care about, in fact been broken hearted by Cade’s betrayal. On the other hand, Stefani is on turmoil over Tobias who does not wanting to reconcile with her anymore where she decides to take a stand for herself and move on.

After reporting to Opp. Cali and Stefani found themselves in an unexpected journey where they are been judged in their soul-bound trials, in which they go through series of unexplained events that unfolds in front of their eyes. Baffled with what they saw all the 6 (Cali, Cade, Zion, Stefani, Tobias, Dominique) work together to unfold the hidden agenda of his eminence found themselves in Turkey. In the heart of religion and ancient study, where the belief of heaven and hell is been questioned. The strength of loyalty, support, togetherness as one, strong will and forgiveness is undeniably been challenged and the ideology of the existence of the devil himself is been questioned for real?

After, they traveled to Budapest, to retrieve something valuable, they found themselves going through a series of combat training and schemed a plan to overthrow the dictatorship but before they face the temptation ball in which some entertaining action is about to take place, Cade and Stefani saw things that they did not expect to see which left them crushed but they were strong till the end standing by their decision to see if they will survive this events that created a huge impact on their lives. As events started unfolding itself, will they make it? Will they get what they desire with god’s blessing? Will the dictatorship fall?

The author decides to twist the tale from the begging of its book where at first she introduced throughout the book “a pool of emotions” from confusion, hurt, torment, betrayal to strong will, faith, courage, forgiveness, pure love, friendship. These series of emotions shaped the whole story from book 1 which was very effective and the suspense that was created continued from book 1 till the end of the book 2. It is most suitable for adults and been a romance book from the beginning the author added science fiction to make it more entertaining. There were subject matters of paranormal, super natural, sensual, revolution, faith towards god, fight for rights, forgiveness, and pain of loss, tragic, adventure, and self-discovery. The book pin points on how Cali and Stefani overcome the hurdles of life in a very effective manner that enables the reader to grasp the characters situation and comprehend the character in their own shoes.

What caught my interest was the involvement of “the 7 deadly sins” which are ancient; this book reminds us about how fatal they are. That is why in every religion they teach us about “self-restraint” and self-restrain is taught by “precepts” or “commandments”. This book was very interesting that I was deeply absorbed by the waves of emotions played inside the book that I literarily watched the stream of pain and happiness unfold in the characters’ lives, e.g.: when Cali confronted Cade and when he accepted that he had slept with his tempt partner I watched Cali been in pain, watching her tore my heart it made me feel her pain, that I experienced myself shedding a tear or two, so this book was very effective.

This book showed me for every end there is a new beginning, always be hopeful and one must learn to move on in life. Also one needs to be strong willed when one stands on ones’ own decision. The author also pointed out that how twist of words can cause trouble. How words of a holy book be misused for ones’ advantage. This is something that is happening in this world for real. Also, never forget the reason as to why you are here and learn to be decisive in situations.

There were little vocabulary and grammar missing in sentences but they can be overlooked if it is not on your way of reading. It is not a heavy mistake so I would not exaggerate about it but it is better if they preview it. The nature of sensuality is not much highlighted, so I would not add in “be aware” term. Above all I found this book very fascinating and it taught me to always have faith in life that at the end it will always turn out well for a reason. So I will award this book 3 out of 4 stars.

Temptation Trials Part II
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sahani Nimandra's review? Post a comment saying so!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm glad you enjoyed this one. I don't think it's for me, and I haven't read the first one. I do appreciate your review, though! Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Sahani Nimandra

kandscreeley wrote: 13 Dec 2017, 09:08 I'm glad you enjoyed this one. I don't think it's for me, and I haven't read the first one. I do appreciate your review, though! Thanks.
Your welcome thank you for your honest opinion!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

Your review was a good read, with parts that kept me reading even though I know I didn't want to read this book because I've sampled it before.

Thanks for stopping by my review.
Sahani Nimandra

Izesicle wrote: 20 Dec 2017, 12:41 Your review was a good read, with parts that kept me reading even though I know I didn't want to read this book because I've sampled it before.

Thanks for stopping by my review.
Thank you as well!
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Nice review once again.Since I am not compelled to read the first part, I am obviously not going to read the 2nd part but I'm glad that you were able to learn from this book.
Sahani Nimandra

Jaime Lync wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 15:10 Nice review once again.Since I am not compelled to read the first part, I am obviously not going to read the 2nd part but I'm glad that you were able to learn from this book.
Thank you for commenting!
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Sounds as if this involves a lot of exotic travel with the characters going to Turkey and Budapest. Sounds like quite a journey of the heart and of faith too! Thanks for your comprehensive review.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Sahani Nimandra

ButterscotchCherrie wrote: 03 Oct 2018, 00:41 Sounds as if this involves a lot of exotic travel with the characters going to Turkey and Budapest. Sounds like quite a journey of the heart and of faith too! Thanks for your comprehensive review.
Thank you for commenting, sorry for the outcome!
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

I agree - self restraint is very important in life and every ending of a matter is a new beginning!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Sahani Nimandra

Cotwani wrote: 03 Oct 2018, 10:02 I agree - self restraint is very important in life and every ending of a matter is a new beginning!
Thank you for commenting! :tiphat:
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

This book sounds like a lot happens, and that there is a love triangle between the main characters. The book must have been written quite well to cover so many topics and emotions.
Sahani Nimandra

LV2R wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 07:26 This book sounds like a lot happens, and that there is a love triangle between the main characters. The book must have been written quite well to cover so many topics and emotions.
It was. That I can assure you. Thank you for commenting!
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte Røddik

Post by Yoli García »

I read the first book and liked how the author portrayed the theme of temptation. I started reading this one and did not finish it because the part about the evil eminence bored me. After reading your review, I might finish it. Thanks for the review!
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
Sahani Nimandra

Yolimari wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 10:46 I read the first book and liked how the author portrayed the theme of temptation. I started reading this one and did not finish it because the part about the evil eminence bored me. After reading your review, I might finish it. Thanks for the review!
I'm glad that you found my review resourceful. Thank you for commenting!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”