Review by Iglesias_vb -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Iglesias_vb
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iglesias-vb.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Review by Iglesias_vb -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by Iglesias_vb »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Who Told You That You Were Naked? is an insightful Christian novel written by author William E. Combs.

This novel provides " A refreshing reexamination of the Darren of Eden" as the events that transpired from Adam and Eve's misfortune in the garden led to the entry of sin and death into the world, and how the repercussions of their actions permanently defined the fate of humanity. In the beginning of the novel, scenic descriptions of the events of the creation story were presented as the author retells the story of why God created Eve to be a companion to Adam, how graceful their innocence was and also how they conducted themselves in their relationship with God leading up to their encounter with the serpent as they (Eve) was tried by the devil. It goes on to illustrate how that encounter with the serpent led to permanent change in the lives of humans through God's punishment for their disobedience that inflicted sin and death from their generation and others there on after.

Throughout the novel, biblical revisions and analytics were presented as to what sin really is, how and when exactly sin entered the world, the world's spiritual and carnal battles with sin which led to the introduction of the importance of faith, the types of faith and how we can model faith in our daily lives leading to a transformation in spirituality by the renewal of our minds and how to use faith to embody the life that God calls us to live by following and living in his example (Jesus). The novel gives a complete revision of how we inherited the knowledge of good and evil from our fore parents making sin commitment an inevitability but outlines the only way we can revamp our transgressions is by accepting God's grace through faith that provides redemption freely.

As a Christian, reading this novel enhanced my cognizance on how the very first events in the bible impacted our fates as Christians forever. I am now able to say that I understand the importance of me applying faith to every single situation in my life and even in my transgressions, to take advantage freely of God's grace, redeeming myself in Christ' salvation and eternally follow after him. Yes, this Novel is an ultimate teaching tool that stimulates spiritual understanding.

I really liked the context in which the author linked the creation story to sin and death then made the introduction and connection faith as our redeeming barrier with consistent biblical references encouraging receptiveness and understanding. I also liked how the author infused and made references to other biblical analytics made in previous publications to provide more depth and perception surrounding relevant themes in the creation story critical in influencing our conduct as Christians and avoiding ignorance.

While reading this novel, I find its edition impeccable as I did not encounter and errors and found the plot and arguments agreeable and well presented. I rate this novel 4 out of 4 stars and recommend this novel to anyone in general as the basics presented in the creation story in the bible vaguely outlines its permanent inflictions and also a recommendation to Christians that yearn for a better understanding on themes such as sin, death, faith, grace and spiritual renewal.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Iglesias_vb's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Thanks for your review. I agree with your comment that the first facts of the Bible teach us how the sin of Adam and Eve impacted every humans life forever. Great comments.
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

I love this book. It is a source of inspiration, self motivation and knowledge about sin. Nice review. I agree on your point upon this book.
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”