Review by Daniel Kiteski -- The 11.05 Murders

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Daniel Kiteski
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 98862">The 11.05 Murders</a>
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-kiteski.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Review by Daniel Kiteski -- The 11.05 Murders

Post by Daniel Kiteski »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

4 out of 4 stars

People are killed every Tuesday at 11:05 PM. Strong evidence point to two random suspects, but still too many questions are yet to be answered. Are the murders somehow connected to the rape case at Queen’s University that keeps popping out, even though it happened 12 years prior? Who is the mysterious informant that keeps giving clues to sergeant Stewart? What’s the role of the stalker that keeps following the sergeant? What’s his role in this case and how does he know so many things? Is he one of the officers working on the case?

I love the reading crime novels and am familiar with the work of many authors. I also don’t read a book unless I know a few things about the author first or heard something about his work. Before reading this book, I never heard about Brian O’Hare and I must say I’m surprised how his name isn’t mentioned more often when crime/mystery novels are the topic. After reading this book, I can definitely say that O’Hare deserves far wider recognition and you certainly won’t regret reading “The 11:05 murders”. The author uncovers only a small portion of the mystery in the beginning. In fact, most of the mystery is unveiled in the last few chapters, but there are new important clues in almost every chapter. The whole story is written in a very clever way that makes you wonder about a lot of things in the beginning and you can’t stop yourself from reading on to find the answers.

At the beginning, the book looks like the “average-Joe” of detective novels: the brave detective, the noble chief inspector, murders that no one knows anything about in the beginning and the red-herring bad guy. After reading a lot of crime novels, you start seeing a pattern in all of them. That’s why I thought that this novel will be just another one of them, but as I kept reading the novel kept bringing up new questions with every page. By the time I reached the last 5 chapters I was impatiently reading to see what will happen next, as every next chapter was getting more intense. The main protagonist, sergeant Denise Stewart is also a protagonist which is very easy to relate with and like.

There were a few typos throughout the book, but nothing serious that would interrupt the flow of the story. I started reading this book without knowing what to expect from it, but I can honestly say I was impressed with it in the end. That’s why I believe this book deserves a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. If you’re a fan of crime/mystery novels and want to read something different for a change, this definitely a book for you.

The 11.05 Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Daniel Kiteski's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Thanks for this review, Daniel. I really like your idea of reading about the author before starting the book. That sounds like a really good habit. Your review motivates mystery lovers to choose this book. Thanks.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”