Review by Q Hunt -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Q Hunt
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-q-hunt.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Review by Q Hunt -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Q Hunt »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is a fiction book. It mainly involves two parties that is demons and Christians. Demons have been known to possess the living and Christians have been long known to be exorcists of these demons.

The book is set in the modern times where there is a war between demons and Christians whereby Christians who are of the catholic domain have a private counsel that appoints hunters to track demons in a bid to send them to hell. It all starts with a reverend that is more or so not liked by the people he works with yet he is a valuable asset to them even though they had imprisoned him. The war begins with a young man, Haatim who unknowingly meets a demon, George Wertman .

This encounter results in Haatim meeting Abigail whom he later describes as quite beautiful. Their journey together begins after a demon attack that later leads them to a small town, Raven’s Peak, where it all began and sure as hell ended. The local residents have their own stories to tell about the small town and they don’t seem to be quite friendly :shock2: . Haatim’s experiences with Abigail make him more aware of his father as he realizes secrets about him that he never imagined possible. They experience demon attacks that I would say make Haatim even more brave and daring than he actually was.

This is quite an interesting novel as it gives the reader a great imagination and actually really feels real. It opens up the mind of the reader to the probable existence of a supernatural world. The flow of events makes the reader hooked to the book as the author describes events in an orderly and organized manner. The conclusion of the novel leaves the reader hungry for more of Lincoln Cole’s creativity. I’d say Raven’s Peak is a book mostly suitable for teenagers as it is quite thrilling and would be quite entertaining for them. I’d advice young readers under the age of 13 to refrain from this book as they may consider it as “scary”.

I must say you should quickly get yourself a copy of this amazing book. Though awesome there are some errors such as repetition of some sentences such as: “He’d done worse in his time “in Page 20(bottom of the page).In spite of the error the book is clearly an amazing book. I would certainly rate this book 3 out of 4 stars.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Q Hunt's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Thanks for your review. I like your description of Haatim's character. The author did a good job of making him seem naive but then he became brave later on. Nice job.
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

I started reading this novel but lost interest. Your review makes me think I should have given it more time.
Great review though!!
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
HouseOfAtticus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houseofatticus.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by HouseOfAtticus »

I really like your delineation of the author's characterization. Thank you for this review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”