Review by ebethina -- Temptation Trials Part II by B. Truly

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Review by ebethina -- Temptation Trials Part II by B. Truly

Post by ebethina » 03 Dec 2017, 11:23

[Following is a volunteer review of "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Temptation Trials Part II by B. Truly is full of excitement, suspense, drama, romance, mystery, and paranormal. This book is rated for 18 and over. There is not much foul language but strong sexual scenes.

It starts in the reality hit show Temptation Trials the two couples Cali, Cade, Stefani and Tobias are participating in. The Regime in their time arranges the marriages when turning 21. So the two couples felt that being on the show might be the last chance to save their relationship from being destroyed by the Regime. The two couples finally reunite after being away from each other for weeks with no contact and only seeing each other on t.v.

However, it was not pleasant because both couples surprised themselves by getting into deeper situations then they wanted to. They knew that being on the show was not going to be easy. What they didn't know is what was making them cheat. One of the individuals knew what was going on behind the scenes after exploring with a guy she met on the t.v. show. The couples figured out how the Regime came to terms of arranged marriages. A plan was formed to hopefully stop the Regime from the power of controlling lives. It came to be more complicated than expected and left with a shocking twist of a death. Can the couples stop the Regime from the power they have to continue on with the rule of marriage?

The author did a very good job in the first book of making it easy to understand each character. I appreciated the fact the same characters were kept in the second book. The storyline was easy to pick up and remember where it left off in the first book. I enjoyed this romance story because the ending was not what I expected. I've said before that I have a hard time reading romance novels where I know what is going to happen at the end. In this book, I was shocked with part of the ending. There isn't anything in the story I found that I did not like.

The two books are a quick and easy read. This second book is hard to put down. The author did a very good job making it exciting with a twist to keep a person interested. There were no misspelled words and no mistakes. This is not something I would normally read, but I am glad that I took the chance to read it. I am going to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I look forward to reading more books by this author.

Temptation Trials Part II
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ebethina's review? Post a comment saying so!

Sahani Nimandra
Trial Bookshelves Moderator
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2017 Reading Goal: 5
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 89
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 180
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Emotional Intelligence</a>
Currently Reading: A World Without Color
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: The Buried Secrets of Peonies by Mernegar Dorgoly

Post by Sahani Nimandra » 04 Dec 2017, 08:51

I agree with you! I am currently reading that book and it is a great book! Temptation trials is my first romance book. What interest me is that this book taught me more than I expected and it did creat a impact in my life.

Thank you for your review

CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2017 Reading Goal: 6
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 76
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 183
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Survive The Fall by Julia Bright
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo » 07 Dec 2017, 23:40

I hated this book and gave it a pretty bad review. Is the second book that much better? Even with the cliffhanger I had no desire to pick up Part 2.

Jebolina
2017 Reading Goal: 11
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 90
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jebolina.html
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Jebolina » 08 Dec 2017, 17:02

I didn't like how portrayed the characters to be super flirts with zero sense of maturity, as there were cases of love triangles. While at the same time the people involved in the love triangles were seemingly struggling for a normal married life. I mean it doesn't make sense. I thought you wash your clothes to get clean and not, you dirt your clothes to get clean.

Jebolina
2017 Reading Goal: 11
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 90
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jebolina.html
Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Jebolina » 08 Dec 2017, 17:03

*the author

ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Post by ebethina » 08 Dec 2017, 18:53

I understand where the both of you are coming from with this series. Normally this isn't something I would probably read. However, what I did enjoy about it is the fact that I didn't know exactly what was going to happen in the end except for maybe with one couple. The twist of it kept me going. I agree though with the married thing. However, it is not a true story and based in WWIII era which does not exist.

CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2017 Reading Goal: 6
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 76
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 183
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Survive The Fall by Julia Bright
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo » 08 Dec 2017, 22:02

I felt like the plot of this book was as subtle as getting smacked in the face. At no point was I surprised by a single plot twist.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”