Review by Sahani Nimandra -- Temptation Trials Part I

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Review by Sahani Nimandra -- Temptation Trials Part I

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

TEMPTATION TRIALS by B.Truly. Published by Smashword Edition, 2017. The story is set in an era where rising of power and control were at its most dominance ever in an individual’s lives, where coldness and restlessness can be found in “wanting to do”-the desire, against “have to do” - the law. The story revolves around two young girls whose names are Cali and Stefani, where their lives changed one final evening.

Mr. B.Truly gives in the story in two perspectives accordance to the two main characters. As an observer and reader I found this book very exciting and the book maintained its curiosity and interest at its pace. The nature of this book is of romance and it consists of vengeance, lust, desire, challenge, devotion, power and dominance, revolting, adventure and respect. Based on the style this book has use, the language and its explicit sexual details I would encourage the audience of young adults and adults.

The book addresses the topic of “love” mistaken to be lust, as Mr. Truly has put it, and in the point where everyone’s lives are been controlled even what they feel. Cali and Stefani puts their love on test to win it for life, can they win? Do they have what it takes to win? The temptation trials are tempting in deed, the greatest poison in this world “lust”, lust for pleasure, lust for luxury (jewelry, clothing). Fighting for who you love, Fighting for your right, been emotionally on your guard is never easy!

As a reader and an observer, I was fascinated with this book where romance is entwined with revolution which is intriguing. How everyone has been challenged both physically and mentally in these trials. How one is made exhausted and drained to the core, catches the attention. Above all it showed a realistic approaches how anyone would be hurt if been betrayed by the one who they love, and how another seeks vengeance for it. How one expresses ones opinion and one is lost in decision making. How ones love is strengthened and how ones devotion and faith to another is been tested.

But note there are scenes of “sexual nature” not erotic, which has been explained in excruciating detail. It has its natural course nothing unwanted just nature, so it depends on which perspective you look at it. This I leave it to you! At the beginning I found few vocabularies missing in certain sentence, above all nothing much to note.

This book taught me a great deal, no matter how much people may say they are friends, or he/she loves you. When a particular situation takes place we can see their true colour, and also never let your emotions take the best of you! (I know it’s easy said than been done). It also showed me the importance to see how much your partner loves you, trusts you and believes you, we can see this in the modern world how marriages and our partners faith been questioned. It is also an adventure where you develop strength and belief that you can trust this person and that this person is worth all the trouble that we have to face in life.

For a person who has a hunger for a "bag of goodies" this book can be recommended, but above all I really learned a lot on my religion side as well and it opened my eyes to a sided that I did not see, so I will rate this book 3 out of 4 stars due to certain vocabulary missing otherwise its one grate book!

Temptation Trials Part I
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sahani Nimandra's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This is definitely not a book for me, but I'm glad that you enjoyed it. The second part of this sounds like it takes an interesting turn, though. Nice review!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Sahani Nimandra

kandscreeley wrote: 19 Dec 2017, 09:07 This is definitely not a book for me, but I'm glad that you enjoyed it. The second part of this sounds like it takes an interesting turn, though. Nice review!
Thank you so much!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Jaime Lync
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaime-lync.html
Latest Review: You Are A Christian. NOW WHAT? by James Rondinone

Post by Jaime Lync »

Interesting review. I was not sure what to make of ''scenes of “sexual nature” not erotic, which has been explained in excruciating detail.'' Sounds like it was explained as if it was a biology class. I don't like erotica, so its cool. Don't think I will read this anyway but thanks for sharing.
Sahani Nimandra

Jaime Lync wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 15:07 Interesting review. I was not sure what to make of ''scenes of “sexual nature” not erotic, which has been explained in excruciating detail.'' Sounds like it was explained as if it was a biology class. I don't like erotica, so its cool. Don't think I will read this anyway but thanks for sharing.
Ya you are kind of correct about the biology part. It was quite extensive that even the reader could feel the impulse. Thank you for commenting!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

We learn from experience. We enhance our future experiences through learning to pick up the good pieces and to leave behind the ones that couldn't help us become or do better. Thank you for your open-minded review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Sahani Nimandra

Espie wrote: 04 Oct 2018, 21:29 We learn from experience. We enhance our future experiences through learning to pick up the good pieces and to leave behind the ones that couldn't help us become or do better. Thank you for your open-minded review.
Thank you so much for noticing that! :tiphat:
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

It sounds like this story of Cali and Stefani showed different aspects of what love and trust in a relationship is and that it strengthens or fails when tested.
Sahani Nimandra

LV2R wrote: 20 Oct 2018, 04:29 It sounds like this story of Cali and Stefani showed different aspects of what love and trust in a relationship is and that it strengthens or fails when tested.
Oh yes, in great length. Thank you for commenting!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”