Review by Veeky -- My Trip To Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Veeky
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veeky.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review by Veeky -- My Trip To Adele

Post by Veeky »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

my trip to Adele is a fantastic and gripping book by two siblings, A.I and R.I Alyaseer and the love of these two for Adele is evident in the fact that they wrote a book about it and most importantly every chapter is titled after a song of hers and in such a fashion that it rhymes with the prose. The story revolves around three completely different characters, from different parts of the globe, facing different challenges but all sharing one same love:Adele.

My first attraction to the book was its title as it made me wonder what it had to offer. The story is fascinating from the beginning. The novel has a good pace, smooth dialogue and natural conversations. It also has detailed descriptions of places, feelings and people. The emotions portrayed are down-to-earth, sincere and authentic.

The main characters of the book are Elias and Malika, Nadia, Yaser and Mariam . Elias is a Morrocan who lives in Italy but visits his roots again in search of a girl he had met some years back. Malika, the girl whom Elias seeks, met Elias when she was thirteen, wanted to learn English desperately and leave to make a better future for herself.He had promised to meet her at an Adele concert.On the other hand, Nadia is a single mother from Jordan and a feminist . She has been allowed by her ex husband to take their son out of the country to attend a concert as a birthday gift to him as he totally adores Adele but before they could leave, her son is shot during a wedding ceremony he attended with his dad.

Yaser is an atheist and a successful surgeon who is struggling to revive his dying marriage.Due to their pictures on their social media pages everyone believes they have a blissful marriage but in reality he has severe marital issues with his wife Mariam which leads them to secretly see a marriage counsellor. Several themes are explored in the book like love,religion, culture, the virtuality of the Internet and the struggle of the modern woman to rise above male dominance. These themes are at the crux of every person's life.My favourite character in the novel is Nadia who goes against social and cultural norms to attain independence and enjoys this liberty but doesn't allow her struggle for independence blind her to what is truly important- her relationship with her son. I didn't really like how Elias and Malika's story ended as I was expecting them to have a happily ever after but life itself is unpredictable.

Furthermore, there are minor typos and apart from that the book is flawless. This book can be enjoyed by people of all ages as the language is simple and the plot not complex. With great pleasure I rate it 4 out of 4 stars, as it is well written and I love how Mariam's forgiveness won her husband over at the end.

My Trip To Adele
View: on Bookshelves | on Barnes and Noble

Like Veeky's review? Post a comment saying so!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this book. People who like Adele songs will certainly enjoy this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”