Review by PriyaRD -- Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
PriyaRD
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyard.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Review by PriyaRD -- Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by PriyaRD »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Guardian of Deceit" by William H. Coles.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Guardian of Deceit written by William H.Coles is a Fiction which revolves around the author’s hero, Darwin Hastings, who will become our hero by the time we finish reading the book. The story starts with this young boy who has a mixed feeling of being homeless and anxiousness of his future with his famous cousin, who will be his new caretaker.
He meets Dr. Adrain Malverne during the flight travel to his cousin’s place, which in latter part has a greater impact in his life in many ways which he did not expect.

After entering into Pinnelli Mansion, almost everything in the house was not favorable to Darwin, be it the people or the utility room given for his stay. To his greatest disappointment, Luther his cousin was not the person Darwin had imagined. Luther had told him that there will be “zero” allowance from his inheritance, instead he has to work to earn the money. Darwin’s dream was to become a doctor, will he make it, being with his caretaker?

Slowly things changed better with time. Though Luther was tough, Darwin had many “blessings in disguise” such as having Bonita Thomas, Granny, Dr.Malverne, Sweeney Pale who is Luther’s wife and Laszlo Forgash. They were good to him. His relationship with them had beautifully grown with time, which was well narrated by the author. For example, Granny who didn’t like the boy in the beginning and keep darwin’s winning money on the scrabble game to herself, latter started giving him little money secretly as allowance for his studies.

There were many interesting happenings on the go in darwin’s life while working and fighting to fulfill his dream. He is surrounded by people who yearn for true love in their own ways, was he caught in between the emotions? Those segments were interestingly written by the author. An unexpected tragedy happens in the middle of the story and it makes the reader more thrilled to go behind the investigations and find the real face of people in the story. I like the way the author had written on the emotions of the characters involved and
the victory of the author is where he makes you feel for the characters and you want them feel good and you want them not to suffer.

Though there is evil and goodness along darwin’s way, how he shapes himself for what he wants and if he will achieve his desire fighting all the odds is the remaining story. If you are a person packed with emotions, you will love to read this book as it has lots of different characters involved and we can relate some of them with our own lives. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. The story was overall good, but why 3 stars, is I personally felt there should have been more nicer ending for Luther and Sweeney and felt Luther disappeared long in between the story.

Guardian of Deceit
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like PriyaRD's review? Post a comment saying so!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Thanks for your review. I agree with many of your conclusions. I liked the way Darwin developed throughout the story. Also, Luther disappeared for quite a long time. Thanks.
PriyaRD
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyard.html

Post by PriyaRD »

kdstrack wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 22:16 Thanks for your review. I agree with many of your conclusions. I liked the way Darwin developed throughout the story. Also, Luther disappeared for quite a long time. Thanks.
Thanks for reading the review :)

Happy Reading!
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 773
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

Interesting review that I'll take into consideration minus the spoiler alerts, upon reading the full story.
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”