Review by Ana-Maria-Diana -- Temptation Trials Part II

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ana-Maria-Diana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-maria-diana.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Review by Ana-Maria-Diana -- Temptation Trials Part II

Post by Ana-Maria-Diana »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Temptation Trials – Part II written by B. Truly is the second part of the Temptation Trials. It is not a stand-alone book; for understanding the plot it is necessary the reading of Part I. The book follows the same adult, dystopian, romance themes like part one and also adds urban fantasy to the context. It is recommended for +18 audiences due to the explicit sex scenes.

The Trials are not finished yet. The contestants meet their partners on the journey back home and they need to make a decision. Will they go with their choice or will they accept his will? Can love be enough to forgive betrayal as Lust is released into the world? There are a million questions running through their minds as the day of the Soul-Bound Trial is coming. This is the day of the big decision; the day where everything has changed; the day which has revealed the abominable truth that has send them on a journey that will endanger their own lives. So, will love be able to save their souls?

Like Part I, the second part is written from the perspectives of Cali and Stefani. They are our guides through the novel. Being the main characters they are well constructed psychologically. We can see the development of all the characters, but most of Cali and Stefani, from the previous part. They experience very high emotions and threatening circumstances that will contribute to their growing up and being more mature.

The focus of the second part is more inclined to action. I felt it like it was on fast speed, more comprised, with not as much details as part one. But is something understandable because the plot changed as the truth was revealed. There are new characters which bring a new dimension into the plot. I liked that in this part. Beside the physical intercourse, lust and love, that will be the first level of the book; there are also religious, organizational and geographical elements and dimensions. These aspects give the impression of a well-researched book.

The book raises some questions about and some critique towards the governing class, the media and the human being. Cali and Stefani are forced to test their love through a televised show, the Temptation Trials, fighting against lust and exposing their intimacy to prove to the Regime that their love for Cade and Tobias is true and to gain approval of Eminence to marry the guys. For me it is very plausible and I think the book can be seen as hint to be careful about what can be happening in the future, but this is just my way of viewing things.

I think that deep down the book shows us on one hand that the ways of the governing class and the media can be very twisted, and they really are, in my opinion. Also on the other hand it tells us that love really is the supreme power and true love can fight everything, at the end being invincible even through death.
I liked the book very much; it kept me focused till the end. I cannot say that I agree with all that happen, but I think that is a good thing because it means the book is very plausible in some way. I rated the book 4 out of 4 stars, because it made me think about life and that everything is possible in a distorted way, but it can possible.

Temptation Trials Part II
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ana-Maria-Diana's review? Post a comment saying so!
Linnea Tanner
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading: Shadow of the Raven (Book I of Sons of Kings trilogy)
Bookshelf Size: 354

Post by Linnea Tanner »

Temptation Trials Part II by B. Truly sounds like an interesting premise about whether will love be able to save their souls. It sounds like it has all the elements in a fantasy I love: true love and the power of media and the governing class to distort. The review definitely piqued my interest.
Ana-Maria-Diana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-maria-diana.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Ana-Maria-Diana »

Hope you will read it and like it as I did. 😁
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

I'm glad that you enjoyed this book - it definitely sounds intriguing. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”