Review by MG0017 -- My Ladybird Story by Magus Tor

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MG0017
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mg0017.html
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor

Review by MG0017 -- My Ladybird Story by Magus Tor

Post by MG0017 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is a fiction book which depicts the occurrences in most societies of the world. This book is about a young lad called John Bird, who is struggling to realize his true self. To determine if he is homosexual or straight. The determination of which is very illusive to him because his impulse towards men and women are almost at the verge of non existence.

This book tells us a story of a boy that grew up loving the feminine characteristics. He longed to find out why he had been having these feelings. At a point, he concluded that he was an asexual person, but it was not until his friend Aureus helped him with the adequate female dress code during a Halloween party. Where everybody had the chance to dress up or disguise his or herself in a costume that suits his or her.

John Bird realized that female clothes ranging from bra, panties to skirts were things that his body had been longing to wear, and they were things his skin need to feel. These psychological attachments raised his morals in a way he'd never felt before in his entire life. The real John Bird was not known to Aureus till she visited him in the hospital.

She found him dressed up in female garments and this freaked her out totally. She realizes later that she had no right to judge him or to lecture him on how to leave his own life. She comprehended that the only way to get out of all the misunderstanding she has about her best friend, was to have a heart to heart chat with him on the matter, and that's what she is going to do.

In John's candid opinion, he asserts he is living in the wrong body, sort of like living in another man's house which does not belong to you. In short, was not enjoying his male gender. He really enjoyed being or imitating the female gender because that is what keeps his mind at ease and that's what gives him happiness and strength to carry on. I appreciate the author's insight on this issue, as it was both educative and enlightening for me, thanks.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. There are some highly important concepts here that we need to define for clarity. (a) Asexual: This refers to anything not having sex or not involving sex. (b) Transsexual: This refers to a person being overwhelmingly desirous of being or completely identifying with the opposite sex. (c)Transvestite: This refers to a person receiving sexual gratification from wearing clothing of the opposite sex.

The thing is, all these concepts above tend to be applicable to every nationality, race, religion, and socio cultural orientation of every human being. Like it or not we are all weird in one way or the other.

My Ladybird Story
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like MG0017's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”