Review by Nash_Jay -- From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nash_Jay
Favorite Author: J R R Tolkien
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nash-jay.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
fav_author_id: 2578

Review by Nash_Jay -- From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Nash_Jay »

[Following is a volunteer review of "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever felt that the choices you made at some point made drastic changes in your life? Also have you noticed the regret you went through for avoiding the chances to make the right choices when time was given to you? What's the secret of successful people who seem to be making a steep progress through their choices? Why some people end up bankrupt & broken, cuz of the choices they thought that were right? Our whole life depends upon a probability. We have our own choice of staying conservative or being rebellious. Many of us struggle in our own minds pondering upon the decisions we made that lead us to our present state. Do you wake up in the morning to continue the major you hate so much at the university or the career that sucks the happiness out of your life? Do you feel like you're a plastic bag drifting through the wind not knowing where you're headed as Katy Perry sings? Then Jody B. Miller is speaking to you!!!!

I would like to describe From Drift To Shift as a practical course that tempts you for self discovery, rather than a guidance book. The author has achieved the effect by focusing on a couple of real life warriors who have achieved success and happiness through a series of challenges & struggles. There are eight characters & the author herself speaking about the challenges they faced, the risks they took & how they overcame the difficulties along the way. The author herself has interacted with the characters and has done a great job at making the reader experience the feeling of talking to each character themselves.

The book is woven upon four main elements; Why should you shift, When to shift, How to shift & The results of shifting. Each character's story is segregated into these sub parts making it easy to derive the moral each story has to offer.
I loved the way how the author applies individuality to the composition which paves the way to relate each character to one's life. Even though each character had a unique experience to express, they shared a similar quality throughout their stories. They're normal people just like you & me vulnerable to pain & suffering. But they stand out of the crowd because of their dedication not to surrender. Whether you're failing in your major, profession or social life, Miller has the golden advice for you. " It's never too late to shift . When you shift good things come in your way ". The characters of this book is the proof that she's right!!

The writer motivates the reader to step out of his/her comfort zone & face their fears. When you continue through each moment of characters' journey, you'll end up questionning yourself "If they can why can't I?". Miller guides you to your own life defining moment.

When I began reading From Drift To Shift, I was at a moment in my life where I was unable to make a move to any direction with no clear destination left for me. I was on the verge of wrapping things up in my academic life. I had so many doubts for my major & career and I was too late to turn back. In the beginning I had no hope if this book would have any help for me but by the end I was convinced that changed had come for me. This book was a treasure in my dead end situation. It set fire to a flame in me which I never knew existed. The uncertainties cleared & I found myself in deep clarity. At some point Miller writes "When you have found happiness, you've achieved success" I experienced it on my own! Yes I can guarantee that this book made a shift in my drifting life. I'm sure it'd do the same to anyone.

I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. Why? Because amidst so many motivation & self help books written today From Drift To Shift makes you exhilarated to go out there & find your true self. I strongly believe anyone should have a copy of this & reread it on a daily basis like a mantra. It's that good!!!!

From Drift to SHIFT
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Nash_Jay's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

Thank you for posting such a thorough review. I'm glad that the book spoke to you at a time when you were facing a lot of life changes!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”