Review by Ana-Maria-Diana -- Temptation Trials Part I

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ana-Maria-Diana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-maria-diana.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Review by Ana-Maria-Diana -- Temptation Trials Part I

Post by Ana-Maria-Diana »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Temptation Trials Part I" by B. Truly.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Temptation Trials, written by B. Truly, is a dystopian fiction, a romantic and sexy novel, full of sensuality and love triangles. Its content is rated 18+ because of its intense sexual scenes. I really enjoyed reading it. The book captures the reader from the beginning until the end. I think it is a great perspective in the dystopian genre and also can be seen as a very plausible future.

The book is constructed from the perspective of Cali and her friend Stefani. They are the narrators and we see and feel the entire action through their eyes. From the beginning we enter a dystopian environment where young people need to hide to have a party. Here, Cali is presenting us how things are in 2035 after the Third World War. The eye-catcher being that at the age of 21 the Regime will tell you who you have to marry.

At this party Stefani meets Tobias and Cali meets Kincade. When the party is crashed by police officers who attack the youth, Tobias escapes with Stefani, and Kincade in his attempt to save Cali is captured with her. Eventually they escape from the prison with the help of the secret organization where Tobias and Cade work. These two couples fall deep in love even if they know that at 21 they will be separated.

They have a chance to fight for their love and that is entering the Temptation Trials, a reality TV show where every temptation is laid before them. There are 18 couples who will be separated and divided on four resorts each resort with their tempt men or women. The rules of the Trials are very strict and every participant needs to submit. But when temptation is at its highest level, will their love survive?

The book is surprising and very well written. The dystopian fiction is one of my favorites and I have to say that this is the first time I`ve read an erotic one. B. Truly did a very good job with this book, the characters are very well constructed and also the trials. They make you question the power of love and if the partner is really your soul mate. I liked very much the creepy questions during the application for the trials and the game at the resort. I know they are twisted but they made everything more funny and real.

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars because it made me believe, truly believe, the story. I have to congratulate the author because in this twisted love triangles I can understand Cali and Stefani very well, it is very difficult to make a decision considering what happens on the resorts and beyond them. I am very glad that I do not need to choose between two incredible guys, but it was very easy to imagine a future like this, and I must confess that it scared me a little. Putting that aside, I can`t wait to see what happens next, in the second part of the Temptation Trials.

Temptation Trials Part I
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ana-Maria-Diana's review? Post a comment saying so!
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Great review. I’m not into erotica myself, but the book has an interesting premise.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”